Red Roof Inn, New York???

MikeNKim

This isn't for a cruise so I hope it is still OK to ask. I am taking my DD to New York for her 16th birthday and we are looking at the Red Roof Inn on 32nd St.

Is this close to most "touristy" things, Mostly is it clean and in a safe area????

Thank you

Kim

This isn't for a cruise so I hope it is still OK to ask. I am taking my DD to New York for her 16th birthday and we are looking at the Red Roof Inn on 32nd St.

Is this close to most "touristy" things, Mostly is it clean and in a safe area????

Thank you

Kim

Every place in Manhattan is relatively close to touristy areas and is safe....clean sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/inn_details.asp?num=605

its around the corner from Macys and the Empire State building.

If you go to the mezzanine floor in Macys and show your out of state id they willgive you a discount coupon off 11-13% of almost everything including sales items...

• 2 weeks later...

It is in Koreantown so there is lot's of good food. It is also easy to get around to other parts of the city. at 6th Avenue (about 1/2 a block from your hotel) you have the F B D V N R Q and W trains. A block further, at 7th Ave, is the 1 2 and 3 and one more over, at 8th is the A C and E.

New York is great for walking. You could go up Broadway to Times Square or down 6th to the Village.

Is there anything more specific you'd like to know. I'm happy to answer questions.

Red Roof Inn is part of a group of brand name hotels managed by a group called Apple Core Hotels

http://www.applecorehotels.com

which, in addition to Red Roof, includes such names as Ramada, La Quinta, and Super 8. If you would be comfortable in a Red Roof somewhere else, you will be comfortable here. We have stayed in the Ramada on Lexington Ave. and the La Quinta, right across the street from the Red Roof. They are fine, just not fancy. The La Quinta actually has a rooftop bar with a great view looking up at the Empire State building. Lots of good subway and bus options in this neighborhood. Have fun.

David

Thank you all for the info.

I have another tourist question:o We are considering taking the water taxi from somewhere in lower Manhatten to Fulton Landing. I believe there is a subway that will take us to High Street to get on the Brooklyn Bridge to walk back towards Manhattan. Is there just 1 train so we won't have to transfer?? Or is it just as easy to walk to High Street to get on the Bridge???

Thank you for any assistance!!!

Kim

Thank you all for the info.

I have another tourist question:o We are considering taking the water taxi from somewhere in lower Manhatten to Fulton Landing. I believe there is a subway that will take us to High Street to get on the Brooklyn Bridge to walk back towards Manhattan. Is there just 1 train so we won't have to transfer?? Or is it just as easy to walk to High Street to get on the Bridge???

Thank you for any assistance!!!

Kim

You can walk to the Brooklyn Bridge entrance that is just as close to Fulton Landing as is High Street....there is a walk up entrance just up the street from the Ferry landing...(about 1/4 mile)

Wow thank you for the quick response. Unfortinatley it appears the water taxi might not be stopping at Fulton on the east river commuter route due to some construction or something like that. We are going Aug 9 - 11 I think our options migth only be the subway. Do you know if I get on the A or C trains it will get me to High Street without having to transfer? I was thinking of getting on at 34th and Penn Station?

This is so confusing... thank goodness for people on these boards taht are so helpful.

Kim

Wow thank you for the quick response. Unfortinatley it appears the water taxi might not be stopping at Fulton on the east river commuter route due to some construction or something like that. We are going Aug 9 - 11 I think our options migth only be the subway. Do you know if I get on the A or C trains it will get me to High Street without having to transfer? I was thinking of getting on at 34th and Penn Station?

This is so confusing... thank goodness for people on these boards taht are so helpful.

Kim

yes both the A or C train going south stop at the High Street Brooklyn Bridge stop. The entrance to the a and c is at various corners between 33-35rd street and eight avenue. At this station the A anc C trains are not on the same platform. The A train is lightly faster as its an express in Manhattan.

Macys gives discounts to any out of town people? I would think that would be many people.

yep it is but you have to know about it....I have given this tip for years and no one has ever said they couldn't get it. Its only at the Herald Square store. I am not sure if they do the same thing at other Flagship stores of the Chain(Atlanta and SF are two others)...

Archived