Nativeway's RRR tour?

FLIP FLOP GAL

Would love to find some information about the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour offered by Nativeway. I have read through the many posts regarding it, but was looking for some new info. For example, what does lunch consist of? Should we bring drinks/snacks? What is the method of transportation to/from? Any and all help is appreciated!!

CAN'T WAIT TO CRUISE!!

We were with Nativeway on Monday, June 2 and booked the Stingray/Coral Gardens/Starfish tour. We were on a boat with the RRR tour and came back in after our snorkel stops since there were not enough people to take a separate boat for our particular tour. There is a cooler on the boat with (non alcoholic) fruit punch and water. Menus were distributed to those who were going to Rum Point - I didn't read the menus, but they appeared to have a lot of items.

Our tour was GREAT. This was the second time I've been on a Nativeway excursion, and I will go again if I get the chance.

Eldon (or another guide) holding a Nativeway sign meets you right at the pier, and you are driven in an air conditioned shuttle bus to the marina and back again after the tour.

The food was wonderful! It was mostly seafood on the menu... I got conch fritters and my bf had the crab cakes and they were excellent. There were also a few non-seafood items like burgers and salads. They take your order on the boat and call it in ahead of time. When the boat docks at the Rum Point Pier, they take you to an area of picnic tables and the food is already set up for you! There's water and ice tea for free, or you can order from the bar menu. Since everything was ready, we were able to eat and still have some time to walk around, shop, and take a dip in the water before the boat ride back. As far as the transportation, it was an air-conditioned bus and it was quite comfy.

We really did enjoy this excursion and would not hesitate to do the same thing again! Please let me know if you have any more specific questions!!!

Would love to find some information about the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour offered by Nativeway. I have read through the many posts regarding it, but was looking for some new info. For example, what does lunch consist of? Should we bring drinks/snacks? What is the method of transportation to/from? Any and all help is appreciated!!

CAN'T WAIT TO CRUISE!!

http://nativewaywatersports.com/

We are booked for the RRR tour in October, check out their web site for more info. I booked via the internet it was very easy.

Do you know what happens if you book one of these tours and you get there that day and the weather is really bad and it is not possible to go on the tour??? This might be a dumb question ....but i have never booked an excursion like this before....always just do something on our own at alll of the ports....but definitely want to see the stingrays while we are in grand cayman next march! Thanks for any info!

Great tour. At first I was led to believe the tour was a small group but when we gathered at the pier we had 2 bus loads. But at the GC marina this group was divided into 3 boats. So the crowd was now down to maybe 15 per boat. The ray part is fun and the snorkeling is perfect. You will never see water this blue or clear again. It beat Cozumel 10 fold. The lunch we had at run point was a Mahia Mahia fish sandwich that was fantastic. We had a salad and tea also. No liquor is involved so don't get your hopes up. I would recommend this tour for anybody. My wife can't swim and she loved it.

TwoBluecats:

Try the email address. I had the same problem with the form. Then I emailed them and was booked in less than 12 hours. Also read that if the ship cant make that port, they wave the fees. Your CC is just to make sure you show up.

Did you happen to get a confirmation from Nativeway? I've sent two forms, but no response yet. I heart that they are great, and we really want to use them.

OK I am doing this from memory right now, but will check my file when I get home tonight.

I e-mailed via internet at Nativeway's web site the reservation. I got a return e-mail stating to fax a credit card number to hold the reservation, which I did. Then I got a confirmation, and it states that excursion must be paid in cash on the day of the excursion, if we use the credit card there is an additional surcharge.

Hope this helps.

Susan

We went on this tour the first week of June - arrived on Carnival Legend. No problems with getting on the tender and getting there in plenty of time. As everyone else has said - they took us in a van to the boats - about a 20 minute ride. There were two vans and I was also worried that there would be too many people on the boat - but then they separated onto two different boats. Plenty of shade - we sat on the upper level of the boat and there was a cover. The guides were terrific and made sure everyone was ok and got the opportunity to hold and feed the stingrays. We did a different tour to stingray city a few years ago and I enjoyed it more this time. Not sure why - maybe because I already knew what to expect and so was not nervous about getting in the water with them. They also took our lunch order ahead of time and the food was very good. Our guides made sure that everyone got their food and drinks and had everything we needed for lunch. I was not crazy about the beach area (sorry - I know everyone else said it was great), because it was kind of a small area and I went into the water but just saw seaweed. My daughter found a hammock and fell asleep - so she really enjoyed the peace and quiet under the trees. Plenty of chairs to lounge around on and there was a bar where you could get mixed drinks. The money is in Cayman dollars - so be aware of that when you purchase anything extra. Didn't see many fish at the reef - but snorkeling was still fun. I know you will like the tour and they really did a great job making sure we all had a good time. Also, they had a photographer who took photos while we were in the water with the stingrays - and he showed them on the way back to the dock. If you wanted to buy any - no obligation - he gave it to us on a CD to bring home. That was also a nice touch. Enjoy!

Hi,

We just did an excursion with Nativeway on June 3, 2008 (Carnival Legend)We had a group of 19 people and we booked the full day private boat. It was the best thing we have ever done. They pick you up on at the port and you ride to the marina in an airconditiond bus. You get on the boat and they take you to stingray bay to pet and then feed the stingrays. They do not make you wear the vest unless you want to (unlike a cruise tour that requires everyone to wear). We also had a photographer on board. After that we went over to the reef and snorkled for a while, once again you only had to wear vest if you wanted to. We ordered our food from the menue and they called it in and it was waiting for us when we got to rum point! Best excursion ever! If you email them and tell them what you port times are they will recommend to you what tour to book. You may not have time to do all three but you could do the snorkling and stingray and then back to port and just get lunch back on the boat.:)

Archived