Spa on Norwegian Dawn

CaribQween

Can anyone give me some information on the Spa on the Dawn? I have been able to get the spa menu that shows spa treatments and pricing. However, even though it shows pricing for the day/week spa pass, I can find very little about what that entitles you to use in the spa (i.e. therma suite and what that includes, relaxation rooms, etc.). Are these areas used by both men and women or are they separated out for each gender? I'm interested in what areas in the spa my husband and I can use together. Also, does anyone have any favorite spa treatments that they would recommend such as particular massages or wraps? Any info would be appreciated.

I cruised on Dawn two weeks ago and DH and I paid for the couple pass for the week. We did not have any treatments from the spa.

The area available to men and women together has a lap pool, hot tub, thelasso pool, open showers, padded loungers and chairs that look at the aft wake.

The areas available to men separate from women are the locker room with private showers, steam room, suana and relaxation room.

The co-ed area is beautiful, quiet and serene with noone under 18 allowed. It is a glorious way to start the day.

I cruised on Dawn two weeks ago and DH and I paid for the couple pass for the week. We did not have any treatments from the spa.

The area available to men and women together has a lap pool, hot tub, thelasso pool, open showers, padded loungers and chairs that look at the aft wake.

The areas available to men separate from women are the locker room with private showers, steam room, suana and relaxation room.

The co-ed area is beautiful, quiet and serene with noone under 18 allowed. It is a glorious way to start the day.

We will be on the Dawn next April in an AFT (AD) cabin on deck 10. Can you see into the balconies of the deck 10 aft cabins from the padded loungers at the spa? I sure hope not!

Michelle

I was on the Dawn in April and I had a spa treatment I loved. It was listed as a ginger exfoliation rub and then a massae - 1 1/2 hours I think. I don't care for the ginger so I got coconut in exchange. You go into the room and she totally rubs a gentle aromatic exfoliating rub over your body and then there is a shower in the rom. You shower and lay down for your massage. They give you 2 pairs of (one size fits most) disposable panties. I loved this. I think it was $239.

They also ran a special I remember - for $89 you get three mini treatments - 20 mins. each I think. You culd choose hand massage, feet massage, neck rub, mini-manicure (I think) and more. My mom tried to get one of these but they sold out fast.

The Dawn's spa is nice. Indoor pool is great. Our cabin was 4 doors from the spa and I loved that (mini suite).

Have fun.

We will be on the Dawn next April in an AFT (AD) cabin on deck 10. Can you see into the balconies of the deck 10 aft cabins from the padded loungers at the spa? I sure hope not!

Michelle

We'll be on our first cruise in Feb 2009 and we're also going to be in an Aft (AD) cabin on deck 10 of the Dawn. We're booked for cabin 10728. In everything I've read though, as Cosmopolitan said, the people up in the spa cannot see down into your balcony. But one interesting thing I read a few weeks back, when that poor lady fell from the balcony on the dawn, was that the outside ship cameras caught her fall on tape. I'm not sure where the cameras are at and everything they see. She was on the deck 9 starboard side, I believe, so I'm not sure if it would be the same for the aft. But that tells you that you might not have "complete" privacy. Just something to keep in mind.

I was on the Dawn in April and I had a spa treatment I loved. It was listed as a ginger exfoliation rub and then a massae - 1 1/2 hours I think. I don't care for the ginger so I got coconut in exchange. You go into the room and she totally rubs a gentle aromatic exfoliating rub over your body and then there is a shower in the rom. You shower and lay down for your massage. They give you 2 pairs of (one size fits most) disposable panties. I loved this. I think it was $239.

They also ran a special I remember - for $89 you get three mini treatments - 20 mins. each I think. You culd choose hand massage, feet massage, neck rub, mini-manicure (I think) and more. My mom tried to get one of these but they sold out fast.

The Dawn's spa is nice. Indoor pool is great. Our cabin was 4 doors from the spa and I loved that (mini suite).

Have fun.

I've never been to a spa but am dying to try some different treatments on the cruise. I must say that the mini-treatment special sounds great. Its sort of like a sampler pack and you can try more things for less money to see what you might like. I've already got my mind set on a massage its just figuring out which one to go with. I'm absolutely going to look for something like that also and try to grab it before they sell out.

I've never been to a spa but am dying to try some different treatments on the cruise. I must say that the mini-treatment special sounds great. Its sort of like a sampler pack and you can try more things for less money to see what you might like. I've already got my mind set on a massage its just figuring out which one to go with. I'm absolutely going to look for something like that also and try to grab it before they sell out.

CaribQ -

I, like you, had not ever been to a Spa. I tried the Sampler (on Azamara) this past fall and enjoyed it much more than I expected. I thought I didn't like massages, but was surprised how much better I felt afterwards. This Sampler sounds like a good deal. I'm going to try to go to the Spa early in the cruise, ask when these specials are offered (usually Port Days), and book it before it is 'advertised' in the Daily Activities schedule. Perhaps you can try the same idea.

Enjoy!!

nlvc

We'll be on our first cruise in Feb 2009 and we're also going to be in an Aft (AD) cabin on deck 10 of the Dawn. We're booked for cabin 10728. In everything I've read though, as Cosmopolitan said, the people up in the spa cannot see down into your balcony. But one interesting thing I read a few weeks back, when that poor lady fell from the balcony on the dawn, was that the outside ship cameras caught her fall on tape. I'm not sure where the cameras are at and everything they see. She was on the deck 9 starboard side, I believe, so I'm not sure if it would be the same for the aft. But that tells you that you might not have "complete" privacy. Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks for the tip! I sure wouldn't want to do anything with Big Brother watching! :eek:

My main concern was really just people looking over and watching us from the spa. It sounds like that will not be a problem. (We booked 10726 for April 2009, next door to the one you booked)

Michelle

Thanks for the tip! I sure wouldn't want to do anything with Big Brother watching! :eek:

My main concern was really just people looking over and watching us from the spa. It sounds like that will not be a problem. (We booked 10726 for April 2009, next door to the one you booked)

Michelle

Little bit of a coincidence. My name is Michele too (different spelling) and I lived in Tucson AZ for 17 years.

• 5 weeks later...
Can anyone give me some information on the Spa on the Dawn? I have been able to get the spa menu that shows spa treatments and pricing. However, even though it shows pricing for the day/week spa pass, I can find very little about what that entitles you to use in the spa (i.e. therma suite and what that includes, relaxation rooms, etc.). Are these areas used by both men and women or are they separated out for each gender? I'm interested in what areas in the spa my husband and I can use together. Also, does anyone have any favorite spa treatments that they would recommend such as particular massages or wraps? Any info would be appreciated.

Where can I see a copy of the spa menu? Thanks

Locker, rest rooms, shower, steam and sauna are separate for men and women...Hot tub, Thallasotherapy pool, small lap pool and loungers are for men and women....worth every bit of the price especially if you are on a cruise with lots of kids....the peace and quiet in this area as you look out over the ocean is wonderful. Do have a hot stone or couples massage as well...

My family and my friends family are traveling together and it is my friends birthday. I would like to buy a service for her as gift. Are there any services around $75 or are they way over that?

Thanks

We had AD 10226 on the 6/8 Dawn-Bermuda cruise. DH and I did the couples spa pass and friends of ours gifted us with the Deluxe Honeymoon package which included a couples mini-massage (25 minutes) - we upgraded the package to full body and hot stone massages which were just fantastic.

It is impossible for anyone in the relaxation area to see down onto Deck 10 balconies - the glass in the spa area angles out in the direction of the back of the ship and, even when standing in the ladies relaxation area and laying up against the glass, I couldn't see a single thing down on Deck 10. When standing on our balcony and looking up, the ONLY thing we could see were the ceiling lights in the relaxation area (and before anyone asks, no the light did NOT filter down to the balcony).

These ADs are absolutely the best IMO - this was our first AD and 3 days after we returned, we booked another AD on the Pearl in 4/09. We've had AB's and A3's which we loved, but the size of this balcony is unbelievable and we spent the majority of our time just watching the wake and "being".

anyone???

I don't have a spa menu, but if you go to www.ncl.com and click on "Onboard Activites and Events" and then select "Bon Voyage Gifts" you can select items from there. I would assume at that point, once you have found what you want, you can call NCL and order it for your family and pay with your credit card- or whatever.

Thank you so much- This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again

No Problem. I'm sorry it took so long to send. Somthing that I've noticed is that the Mandara Spa (Dawn) prices seem pretty reasonable when comparing them to some other spas I've seeen. We have a very nice resort we go to from time to time that has a lovely spa, but the prices there are quite a bit more than what the treatments on the Dawn are showing. The Mandara spa list is showing most massages as about $99 for 50 minutes. The resort we go to is about $120 for a 50 minute Swedish massage, and $140 for a 50 minute sports massage. The Mandara spa offers a 4-hands massage for $185 and the resort shows $260 for the 4-hands massage (both at 50 minutes).

Archived