Just saved $22!!!

taramarie

I know that does not sound like alot....but since the military discount opened up for my July 21st cruise on the Fantasy that is almost $100 in savings!!!! That will buy alot of drinks of the day...LOL

I guess it pays to check the prices.

TaRa

It does pay to keep checking the prices and specials. My first cruise in 2006, I paid for my cruise in full. Checking this board, I found the post about calling and checking on OBC, upgrades, etc. I was given $120.00 OBC which I used for my gratuities.

It does pay to keep checking the prices and specials. My first cruise in 2006, I paid for my cruise in full. Checking this board, I found the post about calling and checking on OBC, upgrades, etc. I was given $120.00 OBC which I used for my gratuities.

I have been checking for price drops and only found one, so far. We are cruising in March 2009. Besides going to the Carnival website and putting in our information is there any other ways to check for discounts or obc's? And am I more likely to see a price drop closer to the cruise or is the lowest price probably being offered now? I feel like I could be doing more to save $ but not sure if I am doing enough!

I have been checking for price drops and only found one, so far. We are cruising in March 2009. Besides going to the Carnival website and putting in our information is there any other ways to check for discounts or obc's? And am I more likely to see a price drop closer to the cruise or is the lowest price probably being offered now? I feel like I could be doing more to save $ but not sure if I am doing enough!

You can always go to different travel sites like Yahoo, Travelocity, etc. and check for special pricing and discounts. I always do this and if I see a drop, I contact my TA who either gets me a refund of the difference or an OBC.:D

How can I see if a military discount has become available for a cruise? We have one this month and one wasn't available when we booked. Is there a way to see now if there's one?

You should call your TA or if you're not working with one call Carnival direct.

A few years back I booked a cruise for my family and my brother's family. My family received the military discount (sweet) but my brother didn't. About a month before the cruise, Carnival ran the Military Friends and Family discount...long story short, I called my TA and Carnival issued my brother a $160 onboard credit. So it never hurts to call and ask. Good luck!!

I just saw your name and had to post. :) My name is also Tara Marie. :) I haven't ever met someone with both my first and middle name. Kinda cool.

And even spelled the same! Lots of times it is terra

Archived