Help with deciding which beach in Bahamas Please!

NC66

We're cruising on Carnival to Nassau early July and are thinking of going to the beach for a day while we're there. 5 adults, 1-17-yo, 1-13yo, 2-11yo kids. I've read that you can go to the Hilton British Colonial and get a pass for about $20/pp and I've heard there's a beach called Cable Beach. Which one is better for families? Pros and cons of both? Can anyone help me? TIA:)

Haven't been to Cable, been to British-

British - Close, walking distance, no fee for getting there. Seems to never be crowded, plenty of room for everyone. Convenient for shopping on the way there or back, a bar/grille right there on property, you get to use the pool as well and nice/clean restrooms. I think it's a great family day, would be great for any age.

Cable - from what I understand you are going to have more activities to choose from. With older kids, teenagers I think that might be important. If you are going to allow them to do more active things, then you will want to go where they are offered. (Jet Skis, whatever)

I'm sure someone whose done both can be of more help.

Archived