I'm halfway!

jenscruise

Four days from now will mark 1/2 of the time since I booked back in February for my October Glory cruise.

My, those first four months have flown by. It seems like just yesterday I booked.

So, what can I do to help these remaining 4 months pass just as quickly? The wait is unbearable! If only life had a fast forward function :rolleyes:

The wait is unbearable! If only life had a fast forward function :rolleyes:

Then ya need a slo mo button for when you actually are on the cruise!!:D

I hear ya, booked our next cruise 512 days out. Now only have 93 to go till we leave. I will wait with you!

Research, read, and post a lot on Cruise Critic!

Side Note (hijack) to SandyToes1978 - How come you don't ever stop over "there" and say "Hi" anymore?

Back on thread track...

If it's October, and Carnival does Halloween all month like the last year...

Start working on your costume ideas!

Posting alot makes the time go by fast for me. I post several times a day, pick up travel magazines, and read the travel sections of all the major papers. I was close to 200 days when I booked, now I'm at 69 days. Can't wait to get on my first balcony.

Posting help out a lot, along with reading cruise magazines, visiting cruise websites and reading tghe travel sections of the paper. I had almost 200 days when I booked, now I'm around 69 days out. Can't wait to get on my first balcony.

Congratulations on the half way mark!:D

We just broke the 80 day mark...

I am kinda bummed lately, our last trip was February and our next one is in August, way too many months in between. Usually we have something booked about every 3-4 months. This year things wen't a little differently and instead of being spaced apart, we took two trips in a months time, Orlando and Paris. Europe was not cheap...AND we are taking my mom, sis and daughter on the cruise instead of just the two of us, many more expenses and everything is so expensive these days...I wish I had something for right now...Can't have it all, right? But darn, I need a break NOW...80 days is a long time away.:( I do feel blessed and grateful to be able to travel...

Spending a lot of time on these boards can make it slower or faster! :eek:

Last year I did 3 cruises during a 10 month period, but now I have no cruises booked. I have 5 land vacations planned within the next 12 months, but no cruises.

I truly feel empty inside without a cruise booked. I just don't know where I could fit another vacation in my schedule. I do work part time. I'm thinking sometime in Oct. or Dec. might work.

I'm happy you have something planned and you can look forward to it

Planning my next cruise always makes me feel better. Hey, what better way to pass the time waiting for your current cruise then plotting the one after that? Makes the withdrawl on the trip home easier since you know there's another one in the future;)

WOW I wish I was half way there... I am not going until 2009. Whew.. I don't want to wish my life away but.. I could really go for a nice morning tea on the balcony right now... hehe...

Funny how we all do that... "wish our life away". And then when we're finally on the ship, it's over in a blink of an eye. I still have 150 days until my Fascination cruise 11/1...actually 1/3 of the way there, and my Glory cruise isn't until 4/09. Having cruises to look forward to is wonderful and frustrating at the same time. I want to cruise TOMORROW!!

We hit the "ten more months" day today! My little ship on my counter is stuck on a sandbar, I believe! A group from work is going with us, so when we are having a bad day, we just start talking about our Miami Vice we will have when we get on the ship. This helps chase the "waiting on our next cruise" blues away!

Oh, how I would love to start planning my next trip. However, I think we'll have to do a land vacation in Europe next year to visit family. I'm trying to talk DH into at least letting me plan a Transatlantic back home, but everything I read is that the Transatlantics are "dead" after 8:00 pm, and we're under 30 and like to enjoy the ship's nightlife :(

Plus, my husband forbids me from making detailed travel plans until our cruise is over, because if he let me plan trips in advance I'd have us booked out for several years :D

At least I have Taste of Chicago over July 4 weekend to look forward to, to break up the monotony of waiting a little bit.

81 more work days to go! ;)

Archived