Travels in Tuscany--Guido--Question

I have read great reviews about this company and Guido on the discussion boards, however, I heard from him today and to reserve my tour, I must fax him my credit card number. This will only be used in case of a "no show" or penalty for late cancellation. He does not have a place to securly pay via his web site....how safe is it to fax him my credit card number and signature?

I did the same thing several months ago. It is better to fax it, but you can send the whole number and expiration date in three partial emails which should be safe and the signature is not needed. No problems at all. Guido is very well versed in food and wine. If that interests you he can talk to you about it for a good while. He took us into Florence through the wine country surrounding the city. It was an excellent day. Tell him Hi from Mike in Texas.

Thanks so much for the advice Mike....this will be the first excursion that I am reserving for this trip that is not an NCL excursion. Did you reserve any other private excursions while you were in the Med.?

We are on the Emerald Princess in August and I booked Guido. I reserved his tour by sending my cc info in two seperate emails. He has been a pleasure to deal with and I am really looking forward to our day in Florence and the Chianti country side.

For our day in Rome, I booked limo in rome. I also booked a private tour in Athens. We are joining another group in Ephesus and then doing 2 ship excursions.

Enjoy your cruise and if you go before me, report back on Guido please.

Ciao

Yes, we had prearranged tours in Marsaille, Monaco, Livorno, Amalfi and Rome (3 days post cruise). We did a ship tour for a show in Sorrento.

St. Tropez, Portofino, Mallorca, Sorrento and Sardinia were on our own - no tours needed. We did hire an English guide at Herculaneum. We should have gone to the Emerald coast on Sardinia, though.

Where else are you heading on your trip?

Mike,

We are doing the NCL Gem cruise: Malta, Naples, Rome, Florence, and Nice. As for your comments about Guido, we do like food, but we are not wine drinkers in our group. Is he easy to understand and enjoyable to be around?

Archived