Pride of America: 4550 Noisy: What's below deck 4?

Lisa Kay

We just returned from the Pride of America. We had a wonderful time visiting the islands.

Our only complaint was the noise below us for 3 days/nights.

We were in cabin 4550. First and second night, we heard noise that sounded like someone was hitting a metal garbage can with a baseball bat.

I visited the Reception desk with this information several times, as it was difficult to sleep even with ear plugs. Third/fourth and fifth nights were nice and quiet and then the noise resumed.

Does anyone know what lies beneath cabin 4550 (port side)?

Is it the laundry room? Just wondering what the mystery noise is and also a warning to those that may have booked this cabin or are deciding which cabin to book in the future.

Other than a few sleepless nights, we had a wonderful time.

Hi electricron,

Thanks for this suggestion!

I just now emailed James.

I'll post his response if he is has any information.

My husband's therory is that pipes were expanding and contracting. If this is true, I can't explain why the noise would stop for days and then resume several days later.

I can say that I will not book a cabin on the lowest deck again. We were suppose to sail on Pride of Aloha on deck 7, then got bumped to Pride of America to deck 4 when Pride of Aloha was taken out of Hawaii.

I am happy that Pride of America had room for us!!

We were on deck 4 last time we sailed on the POA can't remember the room number but it was near the front of the ship near the lifts. The only night we heard any noise was the last night when all the porters were picking up the bags from 11pm onwards but it didn't worry us because we were still trying to pack our bags.

• 3 years later...

I read that you had cabin 4550 on POA.

I booked this cabin before I read your post.

Did you ever find out the cause of the noise? I booked this cabin as 2 upper and 2 lower berths. Is this correct? A poster here said that it is only 1 upper berth? If that is correct, where is the fourth berth???

Archived