Tahitian Princess - 155 photos and captions

LnJ

Here’s a link to 155 captioned photos of our June 26th, 2004 cruise aboard the Tahitian Princess. If you think they might be helpful to future cruisers in French Polynesia, and this post has fallen several pages back in the index, I’d appreciate a short reply to get it closer to the top of the list and easier to find again.

Linda and I had a super time! It won’t take us 12 years to get back to Moorea and Bora Bora like the last time. A highlight was Marc’s motu picnic tour on Huahine. I hate to seem like a blatant commercial for him, but this tour is not to be missed! The other most memorable experience was the introductory scuba dive on Bora Bora. My sister-in-law Judie almost scrubbed the dive while on the dive boat, but finally got up the nerve to make the plunge. Afterwards she said she’d do it again in a minute, it was that fantastic. We booked this through Princess (Bora Diving Center). If it is full, you might try e-mailing them directly.

The photos are linked here:

http://www.koskiphotography.com/tahiti.html

(Definitely better with a broadband connection… you’ve got to be very patient with dial-up.)

Well I have spent two hours this morning viewing these beautiful photographs. I am on dial up and was surprised how quickly the pictures came up. I feel as if I have been on holiday with you. Thgank you!

My husband I are going on a cruise on the Sapphire 6th Jan 05. Hope we have as much fun as you did.

Marleneannau.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/

Hello OutSyder,

The underwater photos were taken with the Sony P-32 digital camera (now discontinued and replaced with the P-41) in a $50 underwater housing from Camerashield.com. Camera was set on "P" (Program) mode, without flash.

The P-32 is an excellent camera for this application because the lens doesn't extend when turned on. I turned off the LCD display to conserve battery life and set the camera to stay on the maximum 3 minutes before turning off between shots. You must take a photo at least every 3 minutes. This is important because once inside the underwater housing you can't turn the camera on again without opening the housing.

As you go deeper, the yellows and reds are filtered out by the water and the photos look more blue. Sometimes you can correct it with a photo editing program like Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

Archived