Gaudi Tickets

Parc Guell is free - you can just wander in, but there is a small charge to visit his house on the site.

Casa Battlo has a charge to go in - I think it was about 17E when we went but includes the radio commentary which is really good to point out architectural features which you would probably miss (well, I certainly would have!).

We didn't have to queue for long to get in (5/10 minutes in the middle of the summer when Barcelona was very busy), but according to this link, advance ticket sales are mentioned. I can't get the site to respond to try to book tickets, but there is an email address, so perhaps if you wanted to go there, you could contact them to enquire about buying tickets before you go. It's well worth a visit.

http://www.casabatllo.es/

Sagrada Familia is always busy and if you can book ahead for this visit, I think it would be a very good idea and save you a lot of time as the queues were very long when we were there.

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/index.php

This site has a link for bookings. I hope this helps.

Parc Guell is free - you can just wander in, but there is a small charge to visit his house on the site.

Casa Battlo has a charge to go in - I think it was about 17E when we went but includes the radio commentary which is really good to point out architectural features which you would probably miss (well, I certainly would have!).

We didn't have to queue for long to get in (5/10 minutes in the middle of the summer when Barcelona was very busy), but according to this link, advance ticket sales are mentioned. I can't get the site to respond to try to book tickets, but there is an email address, so perhaps if you wanted to go there, you could contact them to enquire about buying tickets before you go. It's well worth a visit.

http://www.casabatllo.es/

Sagrada Familia is always busy and if you can book ahead for this visit, I think it would be a very good idea and save you a lot of time as the queues were very long when we were there.

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/index.php

This site has a link for bookings. I hope this helps.

Thank you -- terrific information.

Kathy:)

Hi Kathy,

You are very welcome - pleased to be of help.

Just remembered that the queue to go inside La Pedrera (the one with all the different chimneys) was very long. We didn't go in because a friend who used to live in Barcelona told us we must go to see Casa Battlo as one of the highlights of Barcelona. And it was extremely interesting and memorable too, but of course I'm not able to compare it with La Pedrera.

Perhaps if you have limited time though, only visit one of either of these as Parc Guell and La Sagrada are quite different experiences so I wouldn't go to see Casa Battlo AND La Pedrera at the expense of missing out on the church or park. They give quite a different aspect of Gaudi's work.

When we were there, a couple of years ago, they were renovating the Guell Palace which is just off the Ramblas. I think it was going to be a restaurant and it should be finished by now. We peeped through the gate and it looked VERY interesting. I have a book on Gaudi which has pictures of the doors, moulding and woodwork in the entrance hall which is spectacular - might be worth having a look.

Anyway, have a great trip - Barcelona is a fabulous city. It has a real 'buzz' with such diverse attractions. Enjoy!

Hi Kathy,

You are very welcome - pleased to be of help.

Just remembered that the queue to go inside La Pedrera (the one with all the different chimneys) was very long. We didn't go in because a friend who used to live in Barcelona told us we must go to see Casa Battlo as one of the highlights of Barcelona. And it was extremely interesting and memorable too, but of course I'm not able to compare it with La Pedrera.

Perhaps if you have limited time though, only visit one of either of these as Parc Guell and La Sagrada are quite different experiences so I wouldn't go to see Casa Battlo AND La Pedrera at the expense of missing out on the church or park. They give quite a different aspect of Gaudi's work.

When we were there, a couple of years ago, they were renovating the Guell Palace which is just off the Ramblas. I think it was going to be a restaurant and it should be finished by now. We peeped through the gate and it looked VERY interesting. I have a book on Gaudi which has pictures of the doors, moulding and woodwork in the entrance hall which is spectacular - might be worth having a look.

Anyway, have a great trip - Barcelona is a fabulous city. It has a real 'buzz' with such diverse attractions. Enjoy!

We consider planning for a cruise is half the fun so before we went to Rome last summer we did a lot of reading about the sculptor Bernini and enjoyed seeing his works of art; we certainly plan to do the same with Gaudi. Hope to spend three days in Barcelona so we should have a chance to see several sites; will use your info to get us going. Have already read City of Falling Angels (about Venice) and now need to start our research on Gaudi. :D

Thanks again.

Kathy

Archived