Carnival Rep confirms Baltimore

Feistyred

I forgot to mention, the Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport itinerary is only available late May-end of August, starting in 2010.

That is really not any good at all! So, what about the rest of the year? I wouldn't think most people would want to cruise to a Florida port. And we really don't like Nassau. We do not cruise during the summer - so I guess we're out of luck.

I forgot to mention, the Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport itinerary is only available late May-end of August, starting in 2010.

Faeriechick, thanks so much for relaying this information. I for one am absolutely thrilled to hear this news. I already have a call into my PVP and I am planning on booking one of the 1st cruises out of Baltimore.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) :D :)

We did a Port Canaveral stop on NCL. We had a great time with the kids. Spent the day at a resort swimming at the beach and using the pool and other amenities. It wasn't some exotic tropical island but we had a blast and were still on a cruise.

Are they doing the "Book a future cruise" on ships now??? If so I will wait to book until our July 26th Victory cruise.

As of right now, they are only doing that on the Valor and the Liberty. I would see if you can get a good deal right now before they start booking up. It's hard to say what the demand will be when people start booking. I know last time Carnival did Baltimore there was a huge demand for the sailing.

As of right now, they are only doing that on the Valor and the Liberty. I would see if you can get a good deal right now before they start booking up. It's hard to say what the demand will be when people start booking. I know last time Carnival did Baltimore there was a huge demand for the sailing.

Thanks again. ((hugs))

I lost a wonderful PVP. (She left) and now I am just taking s shot in the dark. I left a voice mail for a PVP I spoke with 2 years ago but havn't heard back from here yet. I hope she calls soon.

I like spring or fall because of the price and less kids but I would be fine with late August. Are you a teacher?

No but I have a kid going into college and one going into high school. I am still a nice mom that brings them along with us on cruises.

Are they doing the "Book a future cruise" on ships now??? If so I will wait to book until our July 26th Victory cruise.

I know they do it on RCL. Another cc member told me the OBC is $100 for 7 day cruises so I am guessing you can book onboard. I go on victory 7/7/08. I will let you know how it was.

No but I have a kid going into college and one going into high school. I am still a nice mom that brings them along with us on cruises.

That is nice of you. DH and I usually reserve the cruise for ourselves. We take the kids on other types of trips. I am open to summer months as well. Once they put out the new itinerary we'll see.:)

That is nice of you. DH and I usually reserve the cruise for ourselves. We take the kids on other types of trips. I am open to summer months as well. Once they put out the new itinerary we'll see.:)

Itineraries are out until at least August 2010. You just need to call and ask.

I spoke with a Carnival rep yesterday at cruise show about Carnival returning to Baltimore.

She confirmed that Carnival is indeed returning next year & says it will be announced tomorrow(Thursday, June 5)

She didn't tell me which boat but that it would be there year round.

Anyone know anything about this?

It will be the Carnival Pride. The Carnival Splendor is replacing her for the Mex Riviera out of Long Beach and the Pride will relocate to Baltimore.:)

I was wondering how long it was going to take the cruiselines to start moving the departure ports closer to the populace.

Granted, any cruise out of Baltimore, Norfolk and Charleston will result in extra sea days, but as long as the prices drop with increased frequemcy, it will be worhtwhile.

Baltimore is convienient for Pennsylvania, southern NJ, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia and DC.

Norfolk will help the folks in DC, Virginia, and West Virginia and North Carolina.

Charleston helps out South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Tennesse, etc...

Can't wait to see the itineraries and pricing.

Kudos to Carnival for bringing the product to the people.

Bill

I was wondering how long it was going to take the cruiselines to start moving the departure ports closer to the populace.

Granted, any cruise out of Baltimore, Norfolk and Charleston will result in extra sea days, but as long as the prices drop with increased frequemcy, it will be worhtwhile.

Baltimore is convienient for Pennsylvania, southern NJ, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia and DC.

Norfolk will help the folks in DC, Virginia, and West Virginia and North Carolina.

Charleston helps out South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Tennesse, etc...

Can't wait to see the itineraries and pricing.

Kudos to Carnival for bringing the product to the people.

Bill

Baltimore is also drivable from the Boston area or in my case...an easy train ride. :D

Archived