RCCL Pre-Cruise in San Juan

angnadam

We will be arriving at 1:30 Oct 25, 2008 for a pre-cruise stay in San Juan. Our RCCL cruise departs on Oct 26th. We have reservations at Hotel Milano for one night.

After looking at all of the posts, I am still undecided what to do. Will we have time to go to the Fort after we get to our hotel on Saturday? Do you have any suggestions of something to do on Sunday before we head to the pier?

This is our first trip to San Juan and want to make the most of our time there!! :cool:

Thanks!!

The forts will be open on the sunday if you don't make it to one on the saturday.

Weekends in Old san Juan are fairly lively - you will usually find local artists with stalls and music down close to the cruise ship piers (las casitas)

For the Saturday evening you could either head into Old san Juan and wander around or head to one of the larger hotels in Isla Verde / Condado - most will have some live music / dancing.

As for Old san Juan - plenty there to keep you busy on the sunday - as well as the forts, there is the cathedral, governors mansion + gardens, several squares, paseo la princesa promenade.

more ideas at my travel guide / blog http://www.visit-the-coqui.com

I too will be cruising with my family on the same cruise as the OP, I'm also looking for accomodations for the night of Oct 25, but i'd like to book a place that all 5 of us can stay together, 4 adults and 1 4 year old, any suggestions, i've checked many of the hotels that are often suggested and reviewed by CC members but none of them will book for more than 4 people. Thanks in advance.

My wife & I have been to San Juan several times. We really enjoyed the forts and did a self guided walking tour of the forts and San Juan. Very easy to do. We have done a tour of El Yunque on Sunday with Victor from countryside tours before going to the dock. Victor took us to the dock after the tour and we were still on board by 1:30. Hope this helps. Enjoy

Archived