Captain Pappanikolaou

nadalina

I am probably not spelling his name correctly but is he no longer with Celebrity? I saw the 31 page thread about various captains, CDs, etc. but did not see his name on the current list. Thanks.

I heard he was retiring....I love him. He is so personable! I meant to say "my favorite Captain!"

Alisia

Yes, I agree with you.

Anyone with more information on this Captain's retiring,

I would be interested in hearing about him.

I assume he retired to Greece?

He has officially retired and I've heard that he is enjoying life ashore. He announced his retirement on board Constellation last Oct.-Nov. and he actually did..

CaptPapanikolaou.jpg

Hi Everyone !

I agree that Captain Papanikolaou was abosolutely wonderful, and will be missed. I wish him a wonderful retirement, and smooth seas ahead !

Bummer! NOt only is he a hunk ;) , but he was one of the nicest captains we met. We sailed with a crazy group in March, 2006 and he spent a good amount of time at our CC party. Following that, he spent at least an hour personally showing us each and every gizmo on the bridge.

I was hoping we would see him again in October.

Maybe in a year or so he'll be bored with retirement and come back to Celebrity. :D :D

We were really sad to hear that. We sailed on the Connie with him on 2 transatlantics and 1 Baltic cruise (2005, 2006, & 2007) and he was, by far, our absolute favorite. I know he had a home in Miami as well. He told us they wanted him for the Solstice so I was a little surprised to hear that he retired. He will definitely be missed but I am sure he wants to spend time with his family. Bummer.:(

Archived