Summit info needed

cafine

We have a group departing on the Summit June 28, 2008 and we are looking for any helps from recent cruisers on this ship and itinerary for Med. Thanks

You will have a great time on your cruise I'm sure. I just returned a week ago from the 5/11 Summit sailing. The ship is in great condition and the itinerary was amazing. If you have any specific areas of concern or questions, let us know. I'm sure we can offer you some help/suggestions if you give us a little direction as to what you are looking for.

Brazilgirl,

I have been reading your posts and thank you for taking the time to do so. Some of our group is nervous and has booked many exc. with the ship. My husband and I like to get our own drivers. We have done this many times in the Carrib. right at the port, but don't know if it's possible in the Med. Do we need to book drivers ahead? and what ports would that be possible? Are there vans to take 8 people or more? We just want to maximize our short time at each of these amazing ports! We are traveling with our 20 something children and nieces. Thanks again.

Cheri

Head over to the ports of call Europe page where you will find loads of information on Mediterranean cruising and ports. Use the search engine to find info about drivers/tours. Many drivers are booked a year in advance, so the popular ones will probably already be taken, but you can find out what most people do in the ports, what works what doesn't.

To Cafine:

We sailed to Pointe del Gada 03/27/08 we had a balcony and wow what a great time we had. The food everywhere on the ship was just excellent. My wife will tell you I'm a cookie monster so the chocolate chip cookes and coffee was manadatory stop every afternoon. Only one night I had a steak that wasn't very good a little chewey. But Hey out of 12 nights I guess that can happen "what can you say" I Really recommend you try the speciality restaurant the Normandy it's outsanding $30.00 per person you need to make reservations but wow they treat you like the head of state. They cook right at your table and the waiter explains everything he's doing it's an experience I would most definately sail on the Summit again. We hit a storm on the fourth day crossing the Atlantic. But that's life at sea. with 16 Foot seas.

Enjoy your cruise:) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Cheri

Try to get your own tours ,especially with kids involved...going at your own pace makes a world of difference in your experience. I am sure you can still get drivers. Look at my review today about contacting drivers.Good luck!

Thank you everyone!

I intended to have all this research done by now--oh well. No matter- I know we will have a wonderful time. I'll report back after we return! I may have more questions these next weeks so you all are still on call.

Blessings,

Cheri

Archived