Murder mystery dinner- worth it or not

On a thread a week or 2 ago, I got a lot of information about the murder mystery dinner. It sounds like fun but there are 6 of us so it would run us about $300 and it is a fixed menu. Can I get opinions on if it's worth the money. Thanks.

On a thread a week or 2 ago, I got a lot of information about the murder mystery dinner. It sounds like fun but there are 6 of us so it would run us about $300 and it is a fixed menu. Can I get opinions on if it's worth the money. Thanks.

We've done it a couple of times and had a lot of fun. On the ones we've done, dinner was served in Portofino's and the menu was narrowed down to a couple of entrees, etc. but for the entertainment I think it was worth it.

Aubie

Depends on the audience. The acting is kinda lame, some slapstick stuff, but the actors really feed upon the audience participation. We had a livley group and it got hysterical, and the actors really poured it on.

I have tried, but can't find out where- how do you find out if it is available on your sailing?, or is it always available, i'm on mariner 5-31-09

It's not always available, when you board, check with the CD or guest relations. On our last Brilliance cruise it was not offered, I think mostly because of the George Smith debacle.

Aubie

I have tried, but can't find out where- how do you find out if it is available on your sailing?, or is it always available, i'm on mariner 5-31-09

Keep checking the "Specialty Restaurants" under "Cruise Enhancements". You can find this in "My Cruises". You won't see anything until about 120 days from your sail date. When it does become available, it will be indentified as the "Murder Mystery" in Portofino's. I recommend you make your reservations online. Less hassle when you board and you don't risk it being sold out.

If you seek a dining experience, then no, it is not worth it.

If you are seeking a truly fun filled couple of hours combined with good food, then yes.

Some complain about the limited menu, but it is very well done and delicious!!

Can anyone tell me what is on the menu at Portofinos for the Murder Mystery Dinner? If we are wanting to enjoy the food at Portofinos, do we need to skip the Murder Mystery and pick another night? I wanted to take my DS as a mother/son date, but my DH wants to go on a regular night. Don't know what to choose.

I just did the mystery dinner theater on the FOS this is the menu that was served:

Antipasti Assorti

Zuppa Del Giorno or Insalata Alla Cesare

Gamberoni al Profumo di Maro (Tiger Shrimp sauteed with garlic on bed of baby vegetables or

Fileto di Manzo (Filet Mignon with white truffle mashed potatoes and baby vegetables

Tiramisu Alla Portifino

Includes all the wine or champagne you can drink along with tea or coffee !!!!

I enjoyed the food and the show but I don't think I would do it again.

I would love, love, love to do this. However, I don't eat shrimp or beef, so I feel that it wouldn't be worth it for me. It was offered on our Mariner cruise this past December.

Archived