horseback shore excursions?

happyracer

I have noticed several of the horseback shore excursions have disclamers stating that no one with neck/back injuries allowed. Does anyone know if this is enforced. I have a neck injury, but it doesn't really limit my mobility.

As a horsewoman, I wouldn't think the fact that your injury does not limit your mobility is what concerns them. They do not want to be liable in case you fall off the horse and cause further damage to your neck or back. I went on a SeaTrek excursion once, and they gave us a questionaire to fill out. One of the questions was "Have you ever had ear surgery?" I have had ear surgery, and I marked the question "Yes". The guide quizzed me about it and had me sign a waiver of release. I would expect you to encounter the same, if you divulge your neck injury to the horse excursion operators. In other words, I think they would let you go, but you would have to sign a release first. Or you could keep quiet about your neck and take your chances.

Archived