Victoria at Night- What to do?

My fiance and I will be traveling to Victoria via the Celebrity Infinity in July. We will be docked in Victoria from 7pm to midnight. Any recommendations of what we can do, aside from dinner?

How about a trip to the world famous Butchart Gardens. Or a romanitc horse drawn carriage tour. Or a stroll around the Inner Harbour and be entertained by a number of buskers. Or a self guided pub crawl, I can provide names of a number of pubs if your are interested.

www.tallyhotours.com/

www.victoriacarriage.com/

http://www.butchartgardens.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Could anyone tell me if Victoria has a hop on hop off bus with a narrated tour?

Also is the Ghosts and Graveyards walking tour worth going on?

Thanks

We are also going to Alaska and will be stopping in Victoria. We are on the 14 day repo cruise on Infinity. We have been to Victoria and also have done the gardens and Royal Tea at the Empress, and also just walked around the town. (we were not on a cruise then).

The HoHo bus is probably what we will do this time. The tea was nice, but a little pricey. We were there during June with daylight hours pretty long.

Have a great cruise...

Hi

Could anyone tell me if Victoria has a hop on hop off bus with a narrated tour?

Also is the Ghosts and Graveyards walking tour worth going on?

Thanks

This is the only one that I am aware of but some Victoria folks may have some other ideas. The Ghost and Graveyards tour is a bit "touristy".:rolleyes:

http://www.victoriabcguide.com/rbline.htm

Thanks Peterdude....I love the music on the web site with the Aerial View as well as all the other information. This gives me some idea of where various venues are located.

Do you know where the ship will be docked? (what number on the Aerial View). Would it be Ogden Point?

The tour bus sounds like a great idea for us.

Yes the cruise ships tie up at Ogden Point. It is an open pier and you pass thru a small building where Canadian customs will ask for ID and give you a quick look over and you are on you way. It is a level and very easy walk to the Admiral Inn but there are cabs waiting and your fare will be less than $10 each way. There are also shuttle buses there as well that cost $7 pp rtn but they don't stop at the Admiral Inn they take a route that skirts Beacon Hill Park and takes you directly to the Empress Hotel. So it is walk or cab to the Admiral Inn.

I think they were asking about the Hop on Hop off on the Infinity. It is fully narrated by the driver, your ticket can also be used on the Gray Line hop on hop tour in town as both tours are run by the same company, so waits are only 15 min or so at each stop. The Big Bus is the other Hop on Hop off, and it is a tape recording (no interaction with the driver)and runs every 45 min or so.

Archived