Some Spirit Questions

matt082600

My family and I are going on the Spirit on July 6. This will be out first cruise on NCL and was hoping someone could help me with some questions.

We have cabins on deck 10, aft. Has anyone had problems with noise coming from the arcade or children's play area at night?

Also, do the cabins have 110 outlets or do you need a converter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

My family and I are going on the Spirit on July 6. This will be out first cruise on NCL and was hoping someone could help me with some questions.

We have cabins on deck 10, aft. Has anyone had problems with noise coming from the arcade or children's play area at night?

Hi Matt082500:

I won't be able to help you regarding your AFT question but if you want to use your own hair dryer you have to have a dual-volt hair dryer with an adapter for foreign use. If you use your regular hair dryer I've been told that you will blow the whole corridor. I was on the Spirit last year (and again on your cruise) and the hair dryer that they have is not really good. If you have long/thick hair by the time you dry it you'll probably burn your hands.

Anyway.....why don't you check the ROLL CALL Section of the site and look for - Spirit - July 6th cruise - some people already joined our discussion.

Dee:)

I didn't think it was too much noise.

The Spirit does have one American 110 outlet in the cabin, 3 prong. Its okay to use except for the hair dryer which uses too much wattage. Thus, its best to buy a dual voltage hair dryer with the adapter included, the hair dryers supplied are not that good.

No Ive had cabins in that area 2 times and there was no noise at all .

Great spot if you have kids ! :cool:

I didn't think it was too much noise.

The Spirit does have one American 110 outlet in the cabin, 3 prong. Its okay to use except for the hair dryer which uses too much wattage. Thus, its best to buy a dual voltage hair dryer with the adapter included, the hair dryers supplied are not that good.

Don. Thanks for the info!! Are there more outlets in the room besides the one 110 v outlet; or is that the only outlet in the room?

in the balcony cabins...1 of the 110 at the vanity...plus the round plug, another round plug over by the coffee maker (over the drawers)..a round plus and a razor outlet in the bathroom.

we take a outlet strip for the 110 by the vanity, i had the laptop and batteries for 2 cameras charging at the same time.

1656505151_Electricoutlets.jpg.4d3a17628580b26b48a6e6fedce1a4a7.jpg

808215066_Coffeepot.jpg.77f21de71089dc9d51be297cac05221a.jpg

Sink.jpg.5cea34d032af9e327f69834b32743f28.jpg

Hi,

I can't answer to the aft question but the blow drier is one that constantly baffles me.

We have been on the Spirit twice. Once from Miami when I did not bring my own blow drier. I didn't care for the machine that they had in the bathroom. Not very powerful. I also prefer to sit down to dry my hair.

The next year we sailed on the Spirit from NYC and I brought my own blow drier (2700 watts?) and used it every day without encountering any problems.

In my case, it never even occurred to me that there might be an issue so I am always a bit confused when I see posts stating that you cannot use your blow drier.

No Ive had cabins in that area 2 times and there was no noise at all .

Great spot if you have kids ! :cool:

We do, so hopefully it will work out good for us!!!!! Thanks Roger! What part of CT are you from. We are from Rocky Hill.

in the balcony cabins...1 of the 110 at the vanity...plus the round plug, another round plug over by the coffee maker (over the drawers)..a round plus and a razor outlet in the bathroom.

we take a outlet strip for the 110 by the vanity, i had the laptop and batteries for 2 cameras charging at the same time.

Thanks for the pics and clarification!!!!!!!!

Archived