Getting from EWR to Manhattan pier

quest2best

We will be returning a rental car at EWR the morning of our cruise (having spent the week-end with family in NJ). What is the best way for our party of 4 with luggage (not exorbitant, but not carry on size either) to get to the Manhattan cruise terminal from the airport? Will the cabs at the airport be able to take us into New York? Would we be better off making a reservation with a car service? Any idea of cost?

Thanks so much.

can you see how much they will charge you to return the car to the same cars station near the cruise terminal? What I would do then is to drop them off at the pier and then drive the car to the drop off station and either walk back, ask them to drive you(some rental agencies will do that) walk or take a cab.

Most any full size limo will do. You can get an idea of the cost at http://www.carmellimo.com figure $70 including tolls and tip...

Olympia Express Bus to Port Authority, Grand Central & Penn Station Every 20 minutes

6am - midnight

Every 30-60 minutes

midnight - 6am 30-40 minutes,

longer at rush hours Adult $13

Seniors (65+) $ 6

Students (12-16) $ 6

Children under 12 Free (up to 3 free per adult, additional children half price)

*All prices are one-way

(877) 8-NEWARK

(212) 964-6233

or (908) 354-3330

http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/

Thank you for the link. It is just what I wanted to know. I have been ding more research and I'm thinking of doing the train from Newark Penn Station to NYC Penn Station. Which do you think is better?

Thank you for the link. It is just what I wanted to know. I have been ding more research and I'm thinking of doing the train from Newark Penn Station to NYC Penn Station. Which do you think is better?

Honestly, I would take car service or a cab. The amount of time and trouble it will involve by taking public transportation before a cruise is not worth it. Take it home if you need to but not going to the cruise when you have a time constraint (although you do have all day to get on the ship, I would want to get there as soon as I could and that would mean leaving super early; it would be such an exhausting day).

If you must take a train or bus, it wouldnt much matter which. However, the buses leaves right from the airport. I dont know Newark Penn Station. I have taken the bus though coming home from a trip and it was quite comfortable and inexpensive.

the bus. You pick it up right in front of the terminal. Taking the train is a pain. You don't go to newark penn station directly you take what ever they call the airtrain to one station and then a train to Newark penn Station and then either the path(cheaper) or the NJ Transit or Amtrak to NY's penn station...not fun with luggage,

Archived