Where to buy Scavenger Hunts??

beachbum764

It seems like I read awhile back about cruise ship scavenger hunts that you can buy from a website. Does anyone know the address? I thought I would have time to get one together, but I would rather pay the $6 for someone else to do it for me while I research other things :)

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi Beach Bum,

I can help you with this. It is at vacationscavengerhunt.com. They also give you a free "road trip" hunt which is great for the car ride if you have kids. It was well worth the $$ to have an extra activity to keep kids and teenagers occupied. Who am I kidding....I love scavenger hunts too!! I bought the "Photo Hunt" which will enable you to have some creative pictures of your cruise and will also work for meeting new people. Some of the photos are hilarious! Gee, they are so inexpensive, just get all three categories and if you use them great, if not it is no big investment.

I didn't order in time to do the cruise photo or expert hunt this year. I'd like to do one next year, dd is coming with us and it seems like it would be alot of fun...or is it too much more to add into an already full trip? Has anyone tried either? Opinions?

Great idea. Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the answer!

I totally agree! Thanks for asking/sharing.

I've never heard of such a thing but it does sound like great fun! I like learning about new things...tis why these boards are so helpful!!

Saw this question yesterday, and thought you were referring to buying the scavenger hunt list that the cruise ship uses--like buying the answers to a test. All I could think was man, you must really want that solid gold plastic trophy on a stick (or whatever they're calling it these days), lol.

Now that I know what it is, I have got to get a couple of these! We'll have 4 kids ranging from 5-12 with us, and a game like this would be perfect for at sea days. Thanks for the tip, and the website!

Saw this question yesterday, and thought you were referring to buying the scavenger hunt list that the cruise ship uses--like buying the answers to a test. All I could think was man, you must really want that solid gold plastic trophy on a stick (or whatever they're calling it these days), lol.

Now that I know what it is, I have got to get a couple of these! We'll have 4 kids ranging from 5-12 with us, and a game like this would be perfect for at sea days. Thanks for the tip, and the website!

LOL, that is hilarious! Believe it or not, I saw on another board awhile back, someone who was wanting the list to a particular hunt for their cruise. I thought the same thing, could a "ship on a stick" (it was RCCL board) be that important to you. I guess they were wanting to pack the items in their suitcase to take with them.

I did end up buying all 3 versions of the cruise ship hunts on this site. I am so glad to be able to scratch that task off my list and thrilled that I could just buy them and download..what a deal! The only problem is my kids are wanting to do them now instead of waiting until our cruise next month:)

OK, i got two but am having issues. First off, the download links they sent to me, after downloading and opening it, only sends me to the homepage. Secondly, I don't see the road trip hunt (supposed to be free with purchase) anywhere.

Can anyone help? I did email the webmaster but lord only knows how long it will take them to get back to me.

Thanks.

I wonder if this would be fun for my teenage DD and DS? They are 19 & 16. I was thinking maybe DH and myself against my DD & DS. Anyone that purchased these, do you think that my teenagers will be like "oh my goodness Mom you are such a nerd" !! lol :p :p Which one do you think would be the best for this age group?

Thanks!!

Marianne

• 2 weeks later...
OK, i got two but am having issues. First off, the download links they sent to me, after downloading and opening it, only sends me to the homepage. Secondly, I don't see the road trip hunt (supposed to be free with purchase) anywhere.

Can anyone help? I did email the webmaster but lord only knows how long it will take them to get back to me.

Thanks.

Sorry it has taken so long to answer this for you. My road trip hunts were on the second page of the download. You have to click to the second page to see it. Also the download link took me to a page where you click the download button. Hopfully you have your hunts by now.

To answer some of the other questions, I think the hunts would be good for kids, teens and even grown ups. We are all going to compete against our friends who will also be onboard. They will list your scores when you get back in their forum section. Should be good to keep some friendly competition. I like the fact that the work is done for you with creating the list and you can really do it at your own pace without having to report to a scheduled activity. I guess you could make copies, but I am reading it that if you want your scores posted on their site, you will need to buy one for each person competing.

I thought of suggesting that our roll call to all get one and compete against each other. That would be fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived