Family of 5 won't break the bank!

QTMichele

I'm so excited!!! I'm expecting our 3rd child this fall so our cruising plans for the Freedom of the Seas are on hold until spring 2010 (oh, the wait...). Since I have so much planning time on my hands, I've been trying to work out which cabin will work best with our family. I just called RCL (why didn't I do this earlier?) and learned that a family of 5 CAN stay in a regular balcony cabin as long as the 5th person is under the age of 3. This may not be an option for us (too crowded), but it's nice to know. :) I'm sure many of you RCL fans already know this, but I'm still learning and couldn't contain my excitement. THANKS fo listening!!!:D

Really? Have that person put it IN WRITING and in blood...lol. ;) You know it will change a million times before you go to book.

I tried to book a Junior Suite on Sovereign and they said "Nope, it's for 3 people only" :rolleyes:

My 4 year old weighs 30lbs. I could certainly squeeze her in there somewhere. ;) They said no :( So I booked Disney.

Really, that's what they TOLD me. lol I spoke with THREE different reps and had the same answer from all three. (I didn't mean to hound them! but I had more questions after speaking with the first one, and the 3rd one was to verify that I had the correct info from the first two. I've heard stories about RCI's CSRs lol) AND, each of them volunteered the info when I explained that I didn't want to book today since I am pregnant and still deciding between the spring and fall 2010.

Hopefully the info they gave me is accurate for current sailings (I only asked about the Freedom class ship - this DID seem to matter when I asked about the different category of rooms). Who knows what will happen once we book and sail...

Forgot to mention... this "rule" isn't only for E1 or D1 cabins. I was told that you can add one more above "any" (I asked about suites and family staterooms (balcony, ocean view and family promenade), not sure about regular interiors) cabin's maximum number as long as the one above is under 3.

Really, that's what they TOLD me. lol I spoke with THREE different reps and had the same answer from all three. (I didn't mean to hound them! but I had more questions after speaking with the first one, and the 3rd one was to verify that I had the correct info from the first two. I've heard stories about RCI's CSRs lol) AND, each of them volunteered the info when I explained that I didn't want to book today since I am pregnant and still deciding between the spring and fall 2010.

Hopefully the info they gave me is accurate for current sailings (I only asked about the Freedom class ship - this DID seem to matter when I asked about the different category of rooms). Who knows what will happen once we book and sail...

Forgot to mention... this "rule" isn't only for E1 or D1 cabins. I was told that you can add one more above "any" (I asked about suites and family staterooms (balcony, ocean view and family promenade), not sure about regular interiors) cabin's maximum number as long as the one above is under 3.

This is good to know. My brother and s-i-l are trying, and we have a cruise scheduled on Freedom in December of '09. They have a corner aft balcony right now, I'd hate to see them have to move if they have a baby then (of course, the baby could be less than 6 mo old and/or she could be more than 23 weeks pregnant then, in which case, we'll probably all move to a different timeframe.)

Archived