Xcaret...

gkrnjlr

with a 9 month old. It's a 7 hour excursion....

Would you think that we're just asking for trouble?

She's a happy go lucky little girl - but that's a long day!

Thanks for your input!

I don't think it would be trouble - if she gets tired, she'll just fall asleep, but bring plenty of diapers, bottles etc. You can't really tell with babies, and so some of it depends on the babies temperament. At that age, they are pretty portable.

HOWEVER.....

I went to Xcaret with a 4 year old about 9 years ago. Most of the paths have pretty deep gravel or sand, or large rocks, which makes it difficult to use a stroller - even the rental strollers. My kid was in a whiny mood that day, and the butterfly pavilion freaked him out (this was how I found out he is phobic about bugs), so it wasn't that much fun.

Wow that was a hard way to find out. We were thinking about going to an eco-farm where the butterflies are (at another port) and this makes me think twice. I would *guess* and *hope* that she'd be fascinated by butterflies but we never know, do we?

Thanks for the input!

Also, the butterfly farm, Grand Caymen? Stay away from that too. We love going to places like that but it had to be the most boring excursion EVER. Sorry. :( Usually I just go with the flow but the butterfly farm on Grand Caymen was a short ride to a house. The back of the house was netted in with butterflies. We did the "Butterfly Express" tour and I swear, 10 minutes would have been enough (the tour was an hour)

Then they usher you through the house to buy souvenirs. ;)

My girls were 3 and 7 at the time and BOTH were bored. Which NEVER happens with them. They are easily amused, but not this time.

Ah, thanks for the heads up about those things! Those are going to be avoided!

What about the Bacab Eco Park & Wild Wings Butterfly House? Know anything about that one?

Thanks!

Never heard of it. What you might want to do before you go is see how the baby reacts to butterflies - many large zoos these days have a walk through butterfly exhibit. At 9 months old, I wouldn't expect it would be a problem. A few months later, and then it might be.

Archived