what to do in Puerto Vallarta

Diva2008

Hi All,

This is my first cruise. My soon to be hubby and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on the Mexican Riveria. I sort got the trip planned for Cabo to do the ATV tour, Cabo wabo, an disght seeing and Mazatlan we are doing the tour with Rand's Horses and in Puerto Vallarta so far I have emailed Millenium Massages and we are planning to do the Sunset Sail but is there a beach we can hang out doing the day before our tour that evening?

thanks for the feedback.

Hi All,

This is my first cruise. My soon to be hubby and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on the Mexican Riveria. I sort got the trip planned for Cabo to do the ATV tour, Cabo wabo, an disght seeing and Mazatlan we are doing the tour with Rand's Horses and in Puerto Vallarta so far I have emailed Millenium Massages and we are planning to do the Sunset Sail but is there a beach we can hang out doing the day before our tour that evening?

thanks for the feedback.

If you are having a massage at Millenium Massage at the Krystal you can stay and enjoy the beach there that day. They have a very nice beach and a great pool.

If you do a massage at Krystal, are there places to change for bathing suits and such? We are considering doing this instead of snorkeling.

Thanks!

They have very nice restrooms near the pool where you could change. If you have a massage you can change in the private cabana where they provide the massage as well.

We did a zipline canopy tour while on our trip to PV. It was a blast and I felt very safe the entire time as the staff was very professional and showed us exactly what to do and expect and were fun to be around as well. All the while I must say I do NOT like heights it was the highlight of our cruise.

Thanks for the advice. We might just do the massages and beach it. We wanted to do the Rhythm of the nights tour but it looks like the ship departures before the cruise is over. Has anyone come across anything else similar to that tour?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice. We might just do the massages and beach it. We wanted to do the Rhythm of the nights tour but it looks like the ship departures before the cruise is over. Has anyone come across anything else similar to that tour?

Thanks again.

I think it would help us with recommendations if we knew what ship you will be on.

Thanks we are cruising on Vision of the Seas.

Thanks for your help.

OK … Vision of the Seas, in Vallarta 8-8 and your last stop before heading home.

Vallarta Adventures Sunset Sail and their Rhythms of the Night are out because your ship sails before they are finished.

As stated above, the Krystal Resort is close to the ship and is also the location of Millennium Messages. Might be a good choice for a lazy day.

I would like to suggest that you head to the far south side of town, enjoy Los Muertos Beach and slowly restaurant/bar hop your way back north into the downtown area (el Centro / Malecon). Nearly every restaurant/beach bar will have tables/chairs/umbrellas on the beach. You are free to use them as long as you order an occasional beverage or food.

Here is a map of the south side http://www.vallarta-info.com/south.html

One of the downtown area http://www.vallarta-info.com/downtown.html

One of the area immediately south of the maritime terminal http://www.vallarta-info.com/hotelzone.html showing the location of Krystal Vallarta Resort.

Travel time from the maritime terminal (a.k.a. cruise ship dock) to downtown or the south side is roughly 20 minutes and should cost between $5-$6.50 USD each way. The bright yellow city taxis (small sedans) are price regulated by zones. The river just south of the flea market is a “zone line” and it costs roughly 15 pesos ($1.50 USD) more to/from the south side of the river.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m guessing that you really don’t want to do any real physical stuff after a day on Randi’s horses. Bandaras Bay offers some great sailing excursions. You can spend a good part of your day being pampered aboard a sail catamaran or sailboat with stops for swimming or snorkeling. They leave around 9 AM and get you back to the terminal no later than 4-4:30 for passengers that sail at 5 to have plenty of time. Good choices include: http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/sailing-tours/daysail.html and http://www.vallartaonline.com/tours/geronimo/ . Geronimo sails/returns at the cruise ship terminal. Vallarta Adventures day sail will require you to take a 5-10 minute taxi ride to the marina immediately north of the cruise ships.

Quite a few gourmet level restaurants in town. Sunset is about 6:30. There a number of places on the beach or overlooking the city that would give you a fabulous sunset diner.

If you have any questions about Vallarta or a specific tour … just ask. There is a good change we’ve done it or eaten there.

Enjoy!

Wow. Great Information. I will take a look at the links you suggested and let you know if I have any questions about the tours. I now have a starting point to help with planning.

Thanks for the resources.

I've been looking at vallarta adventures dolphins in the wild/snorkel trip to the marietas islands. Is that a good one? Some comments I read on tripadvisor indicated snorkeling is better at the marietas than los arcos...true? Also, I'm thinking this must be the vendor the disney magic is using as the description of the tour is almost identical...just $5 more pp on the ship and vallarta adventures gives a 10% discount for booking online. Can I book w/vallarta adventures? Or do they have an exclusive contract with the ships where I HAVE to book it through the ship?

Archived