Family Suite RCLL

niso2

Hi All-

Ok, I am confused and need some help- I am in the process of now booking our Family October 2009 RCLL Mariner trip Mexico out of LA and cannot get a Family Suite- Went out to 2010 and still no availbilty. Does any one have suggestions on how to book this cabin?

You cannot book the family cabins over the internet. You can only book a maximum of 4 people over the internet, and since the family staterooms and suites require a minimum of 5 people to book they do not pop up as available over the internet. You will either need to call RCCL to book directly or call a travel agent.

That's exactly right. I bet it's avail. but it just never shows up as so on the website.

My family of 5 just got off the Mariner 2 weeks ago and we were in a RFS. The amt. of space both inside and on the balcony is really great. The decor is kind of dated and not as nice as the other suites. It's long on space and short on style.

They won't let you book a family suite if you are fewer than 5 people? Even if you're willing to pay for the space?

You can always try and some people have been able to do so but many times it is cheaper to book to connecting cabins or suites than to book the family staterooms or suites. They are limited though so if you don't really need one, I wouldn't recommend booking one.

Also, if there happens to be one still available close to sail date (usually after final payment) RCCL will release the minimums and they come available for booking over the internet.

They are limited though so if you don't really need one, I wouldn't recommend booking one.

I guess the question is what "need" means! (Nobody NEEDS to cruise in the first place). But I wouldn't want to cruise without sufficient space for our family of three to spread out, so in that sense, perhaps I would need such a cabin.... For now it is all moot since I'm not looking to book with RCCL, but perhaps someday.

Believe me, for 3 people you would be wasting money to get a RFS just for yourselves, even if RCCL let you book it. If it's just an issue of extra space, look at booking a Grand suite or Owner's Suite. We had more than enough room for 3 adult women in a Grand Suite, would've even been fine in a smaller room.

Archived