Loved the Victory!!! Quick Review

KLF

Just returned home today from a MOST enjoyable cruise on the Victory. DH and I loved our cabin, #7425, a Cat. 9a with a wrap balcony. Noli, our room steward was fantastic, I have never had a cabin been kept so clean. Our server for dinner, Dario, was equally as wonderful. He and his assistant were an amazing team, DH and I made it a point to let the Maitre'd know how truly great they were. We found every crew member we encountered to be friendly, inquiring how we liked their ship. I seemed to get the impression that this crew really loves and takes great pride in the Victory.

The theater is a nice addition, but needs to have some better programming available or maybe someone who is more on top of following the schedule listed.

Once we got used to it, we found the layout of the ship fine, loved the Siren pool area, tended to be less crowded and quieter.

Food was as we expected, I have to say nothing really blew me away, but it was still fine. Hey, I wasn't cooking and got to have hot meals alone with DH, I was happy.

Not much to say about our ports of call, Nassau and Freeport. I really didn't choose this cruise based on the itinerary as much as where it embarked from and it's duration.

I know this isn't much of a review, but wanted to let people know the Victory is now one of our favorite ships and I would never hesitate to recommend her.

KLF -

We loved the Victory, too. Did a B2B on her last year, really didn't

want to get off! we found the crew was one of the best we've had,

that includes Carnival, RCCL and Princess.

We'd love to see any photos of your balcony. It's one of the cabins

that really intrigues us. Jim is concerned about the vibration being

in the aft. For instance, at sea, docking, etc...

Thanks so much,

Barb (of Barb & Jim)

Hi,

We're doing the Victory in Nov and have 7429 quite curious about the aft cabins in general? was there any vibration? i can't remember if it was the victory but was there any soot on the balcony probs?

thanks

joanne

KLF -

We loved the Victory, too. Did a B2B on her last year, really didn't

want to get off! we found the crew was one of the best we've had,

that includes Carnival, RCCL and Princess.

We'd love to see any photos of your balcony. It's one of the cabins

that really intrigues us. Jim is concerned about the vibration being

in the aft. For instance, at sea, docking, etc...

Thanks so much,

Barb (of Barb & Jim)

Ok, sad to say I only took two pics of the bacony and it was on my cell phone, if can figure out how to upload them I will definately post them. The balcony was amazing, we had two loungers, three chairs and a small table and still had plenty of room to move around. There is definately more noise and vibration, you'll know when you are docking for sure, but it certainly didn't bother us. One benefit of being aft was that it was less windy when enjoying our balcony, it was very quiet and peaceful. The cabin itself was great, it's an odd shape but had two other windows besides the door to the balcony and it got lots of light. I'm glad we chose this cabin instead of 8433 on the Verandah deck, we could slightly hear them tending to the lounge chairs on the Lido deck from our balcony, I couldn't imagine what it was like being directly below. We are now truly spoiled and I would HIGHLY recommend this cabin if it's available.

Hi,

We're doing the Victory in Nov and have 7429 quite curious about the aft cabins in general? was there any vibration? i can't remember if it was the victory but was there any soot on the balcony probs?

thanks

joanne

No soot issues at all and we didn't have one piece of trash or cigarette butt either. There is definately some noise and vibration but only occasionally, we didn't mind it at all.

KLF I will be on the victory on 7/7/08. Do you know if you can walk from bow to aft on the verandah deck? DH and I have a balcony cabin on that deck and it would be great if we could walk from our cabin to the pool without going up or down a level. I'm glad you enjoyed the ship!!

KLF I will be on the victory on 7/7/08. Do you know if you can walk from bow to aft on the verandah deck? DH and I have a balcony cabin on that deck and it would be great if we could walk from our cabin to the pool without going up or down a level. I'm glad you enjoyed the ship!!

you can walk the entire length of the ship on any of the stateroom decks...if you're on veranda, you'll be able to walk all the way through, then up one flight of stairs to the pool.

as for other decks...just remember 5 and 9...those are the two that you can walk all the way through without a dining room getting in your way.

From your deck you just need to take the stairs up one deck to Lido. We found the ship initially a little tricky to navigate but quickly got the hang of it, we just remembered, "5,7,9" those odd decks went all the way through. The Victory and her crew are fantastic, you are sure to have a wondeful time.

From your deck you just need to take the stairs up one deck to Lido. We found the ship initially a little tricky to navigate but quickly got the hang of it, we just remembered, "5,7,9" those odd decks went all the way through. The Victory and her crew are fantastic, you are sure to have a wondeful time.

My mistake KLF we will be on deck 10. I believe that is panorama. According to the deck plans there is a pool on the back half of that deck. Can we walk from front to back on deck 10? Also, it appears to be a meditteranean cafe up there. Is that correct? I thought the food was one deck down on lido.

My mistake KLF we will be on deck 10. I believe that is panorama. According to the deck plans there is a pool on the back half of that deck. Can we walk from front to back on deck 10? Also, it appears to be a meditteranean cafe up there. Is that correct? I thought the food was one deck down on lido.

You will need to go down one deck to get to the line for the Meditterranean Cafe, what's on deck 10 is more seating and an open deck that looks down on the Siren pool which is aft . When you walk outside from the area the cabins are you will be by a small pool and the water slide. We enjoyed the layout of the deck/pool area, loved the "stadium" style arrangement of the lounge chairs.

you can walk the entire length of the ship on any of the stateroom decks...if you're on veranda, you'll be able to walk all the way through, then up one flight of stairs to the pool.

as for other decks...just remember 5 and 9...those are the two that you can walk all the way through without a dining room getting in your way.

Thanks for the info. I am actually on panorama deck. I am just trying to get a sense of the deck layout near my cabin location.

This was a first cruise for me and I found it tricky at first. Having read that online I was hesitant on being able to find my way around. I did however find it very nice that at the elevators they have a "you are here" picture of the ship in relation to the whole ship and the deck plan for that level. DW found it helpful if she needed something, knew she was on the correct deck but was unsure where on the deck it was.

As far as what deck worked good I found that deck 8 was great. Up one deck for pools and down a couple for shopping or dining rooms. I believe that we'll be booking another cruise with a nice location as this.

We also loved the Victory!! Just returned a week ago from the May 18th 7 day, Western Caribbean. The staff were great, the ship was great, the shows, the food (especially on Lido)... everything!! she took our cruise virginity and so we may love her a bit more because of that!! But we wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again!!

My husband and I will be in cabin 8433, hope its not to noisy, heard from past guests it was not to bad, the view I hear is amazing. Do you have a view of the Islands when the ship pulled in, Nassau & Freeport.We are counting down~!

Happy to hear you loved the ship~~~~ Happy Sailing ~~~~

My husband and I will be in cabin 8433, hope its not to noisy, heard from past guests it was not to bad, the view I hear is amazing. Do you have a view of the Islands when the ship pulled in, Nassau & Freeport.We are counting down~!

Happy to hear you loved the ship~~~~ Happy Sailing ~~~~

Oh yeah, we had views. We laughed, would have sworn we were back in NJ looking at Bayonne if it wasn't for the pretty, blue water in Freeport. Nassau was slightly different had a great view of the Atlantis.

Really, honestly I LOVED having the aft wrap around balcony and when cruising alone with DH again that is going to be our first choice of cabins, we are now truly spoiled.

Enjoy yor cruise, the Victory and crew are wonderful.

Has anyone eaten at the Bistro Cafe on the Victory? Do you know the cost and are reservations required? Is it worth paying extra for? My son & DIL are looking for a special place on the ship to celebrate their first anniversary while they are sailing.

Has anyone eaten at the Bistro Cafe on the Victory? Do you know the cost and are reservations required? Is it worth paying extra for? My son & DIL are looking for a special place on the ship to celebrate their first anniversary while they are sailing.

Victory doesn't have a supper club. DH and I were celebrating our 15th anniversary and we just requested a table for two when we made our way onto the ship.

KLF,

We will be on the same side of the ship you were on, just wanted to know what way the ship pulled in, Im hoping we have the Island side~! Im from NY and loved it there but would not want to have a view of NY or NJ (lol)

Happy Sailing ~~~

We just sailed on the Victory from Charleston to Freeport and Nassau on 5/26 and my pictures are on the web at http://www.americansabroad.blogspot.com

Just click on the photo link to Bahamas Cruise to get to the album. There are lots of links, in the text under the photos, to other web sites including Carnival virtual tour videos, ship's info, deck plans, and information on ports and other ships. It was our first cruise and we had a great time.

Ken & Alice

We just sailed on the Victory from Charleston to Freeport and Nassau on 5/26 and my pictures are on the web at http://www.americansabroad.blogspot.com

Just click on the photo link to Bahamas Cruise to get to the album. There are lots of links, in the text under the photos, to other web sites including Carnival virtual tour videos, ship's info, deck plans, and information on ports and other ships. It was our first cruise and we had a great time.

Ken & Alice

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Which side of the ship were you on. and did you have an Island view while docked. Thanks again and happy Sailing in the future~~~

Archived