Presidents Week - Enchantment

Hi Lauren, talked to u before briefly. I am so excited, my husband and I, daughter who is 11, and son 14. Are u going to FLL the nite before, and where are u staying? I am also thinking of staying for two nites after the cruise, trying to find a hotel on the beach, keep bidding for the Harbour Marina, but no bites yet. Have you scheduled any excursions yet? Which ones? I have to start looking into that too, so much to plan for!!!

Hi MsSweezie99 -

Yes I remember you from before. We are flying in the day before because we don't want to take an chances with snow. This way it won't be as stressful. We are also going with our friends but they arent flying in till Saturday. I just hope for their sake that it doesnt snow. We are staying at the Best Western Marina Inn in Ft. Lauderdale which after I had booked it, I heard nothing but negative things about it but its too late to change. Oh well, its just for one night. We booked an excursion with Ionie McBeam for Ocho Rios and also booked a stingray tour with Sotos tours but as of yet I havent received a confirmation because of the hurricane and his computer is still down. I hope I hear from his soon. Do you have any excursions booked?

Lauren

Is anybody on these boards going on the Enchantment President's Week? My husband and I are traveling with our two sons, ages 17 and 12 and our friends and their two sons, 13 and 17.

We are also going on Enchantment 2/19. My husband & I and 3 sons ages 12, 16 & 18, along with my oldest son's friend. Our friends are going too with their son age 15 and daughter 11. We are staying Fri eve. in Ft. Lauderdale at Marriott's Springhill Suites and then staying there again for 1 night after the cruise. WE are planning to go to Dunns River Falls along with river tubing in Jamaica but have not booked yet. In Grand Cayman we want to swim w/ stingrays...did that a few years back and it was great.

Hi JodyMc:

Glad to hear you'll be aboard too. There's probably going to be lots of kids since school is out for Presidents Week. Are you kids going to go to the Ocean Adventure Program. My 12 year old is since he enjoyed it on one of our other cruises and my 17 year old said he'll just go the first day so he can meet people. Maybe all our kids will meet up!

Lauren 0309,

I am definitely sending the younger ones to the Ocean Adventure Prgm...I told the older ones to go the first night so they can meet others too. I'm sure that there will be plenty of kids on this ship due to the holiday week.

We have been looking into tours and are also going to try and book with Soto's in GC. In Jamaica, we are still torn between a few different tour operators, however we know we want Dunns River Falls and we want to go water tubing.

Jodymc-

Let me know if you get any feedback from Soto's. I gave my credit card number to hold a reservation but never received a confirmation. I also e-mailed him twice but I guess that's because of the hurricane and his computer is still not up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lauren and Jody! I hope my kids also meet others, daughter is 11 and son is 14, we are so excited!! I have just started looking at the ports of call and excursions, my time has been very limited lately, and you can just sit for hours reading and researching!! Yes, I tend to overanalyze! I am now working on staying two nites after the cruise (took some convincing, but got the husband to agree!!) We would like to stay on the beach, and trying to get the Marriott Harbour Beach resort. We are also flying in the day before the cruise, and will stay one nite, haven't booked it yet, but somewhere cheap with a shuttle will do.

Did you both schedule the late dinner seating or early? I am scheduled for the late, but I am wondering if the earlier will be better... any thoughts???

Hi MsSweezie99

We are booked for early seating. When we cruise alone without the kids we do late seating. We have noticed there tends to be less children at late seating. The last cruise we took on the Serenade had late seating and it was 8:30 and we were hungry! On our other cruises late seating didn't seem as late unless they changed it? That's why we feel early seating is better with the kids so we don't have to hear them complaining that they're starving. Also we feel we have plenty of time when we get back on the ship from our excursions to wash up and change our clothes. Hope this helped you in your decision.

Lauren

Hi MsSweezie99

We are booked for the early seating also. We figured with 6 kids this may be better. I also do not want to hear them complain that they are starving. Looking at the times in Port, (Jamaica 8am-6pm and GC 7am-8pm) we felt we had plenty of time to do what we want in port and still make the early seating.

Jody

Is the early seating for 6:30? I am wondering if I might switch also. The reason I went with the late, due to advice of friend, the TA, was due to the excursions we might do, but it's only two days we are at port, Want to save room for that midnite buffet also, huh??

Archived