Looking for private tour in Berlin

I'll be on the Crown Princess Baltic cruise at the end of July and would like a private tour of Berlin. There will be 4 in our party and I'm having trouble finding websites. I would appreciate any advice.

Check here:

excluding transportation Warnemünde - Berlin:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=786190

You can go to Berlin

by ship's own shuttle

by train (just opposite of cruise terminal is the train station in Warnemünde)

by car rental (Hertz and Europcar are both available at port)

OR

including transportation Warnemünde - Berlin:

http://www.m-vp.de/2465/english/preise2.htm

Warnemünde is part of Rostock.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 weeks later...
We used a company called Private Berlin Tours.

Here is a link to my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380651

I recommend with no hesitation.

I can second the recommendation. I too took a tour with Private Berlin Tours last summer. They were wonderful. The price was right, they were responsive and the tour was good.

Just keep in mind that there is a great distance between Warnemunde and Berlin so you spend a lot of time driving. Additionally, there are a lot of sights to see in Berlin, so don't expect to be able to see and do everything in a few short hours. But the tour gives you a great overview. You can work with the company to customize the tour to your needs.

3 of us toured with Private-Berlin-Tours.com on June 5th. Can't say enough about them. We corresponded with a lady named Susan who was terrific to work with and full of help and advice as we planned our day. Our driver/guide was Thomas, a law student, and he was very knowledgeable and flexible. He calmly fit in a last minute request that day for a tour of Sachsenhausen and expertly guided us through the camp and we still saw all we planned in Berlin.

Martha

Hello,

We are on Celebrity Constellation sailing on June 28.

How did you hear about SPB tours in Berlin? Did you get the recommendation of of cruise critics?

Happy Cruising,

Ohana

I booked with two other couples with spb-tours.com We are now up to l3 people on the private tour. I would ask them if there are other tours for that day of Berlin and see if you might join.

We are booked with SPB Tours also. We have seen where others here on Cruise Critic have used them and had favorable remarks about them. We are also using them in St Petersburg. Viktoria handles the tours in St Petersburg and her husband handles them in Berlin.

When is your tour travel date?

We are booked with SPB Tours also. We have seen where others here on Cruise Critic have used them and had favorable remarks about them. We are also using them in St Petersburg. Viktoria handles the tours in St Petersburg and her husband handles them in Berlin.

I learned about spb-tours on cruise critic and then was able to join on with already formed private groups through them. A lot of the Berlin companies I contacted would not help me to find a group to join..which is understandable. Also, I was unable to find a group to join with the other companies in Russia. Luckily two couples told Vika I could join them in Berlin and St. Petersburg. I am now happily the fifth wheel. Well actually others joined on too with our group, so technically I am not. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

There were 10 of us in our group and SPB joined 3 other families (another 10) and gave us a 40 seater bus (airconditioned with WC on board) for the 3 hr ride each way to Berlin/pier. We had comfort stops both ways anyway, but had room to spread out in the big bus to nap!

We met the guide who was excellent in Berlin and saw everything in the 5-6 hrs we had there, and returned to the ship about 2 hrs before sailing!

Price was very reasonable and we had a great day!

Just wanted to support the comments on Viktoria, SPB Tours. We've managed to put together a group of 13 later this month in Berlin. Coincidentally, 6 in the group are from the same city as we are. She's been very helpful in helping us put the group together and has been more than willing to answer the numerous and perhaps silly questions we've had. She's also very flexible as to customizing the sites we want to see. her rates are reasonable compared to other tour companies we've researched. We're looking forward to an informative and fabulous day in Berlin with her driver and guide and will be happy to post on our return about our experience.

Archived