Dress Jeans in Dining Room

TNTJOE

TNTJOE, thanks for the posting the question of jeans in the dining rooms. I have cruised a few times before and one other time with NCL and I did not know you could wear jeans for dinning. DH and I leave on Sun on the Dawn ; I am shopping today for filler vacation clothing. Now, I am going to pick up DH a pair of dress jeans for the trip! He likes to wear cargo pants but I think the dress jeans will look a little nicer. For myself, I am packing my dress jeans. My dress jeans are new, dark, crisp and have a long flared leg. I wear them with heels, a nice top and some bling. DH will wear his dress jeans. Again, new, crisp with dark wash with leather shoes/belt and a button up shirt.

The reason I like jeans for a cruise. Easy to pack, can be worn a couple times, easy to wash (if needed) and I get cold easily. Also, we wear dress clothes 5-6 times per week at home, we are on vacation for R&R and eat alone most nights.

Thanks again for the post.

ell

Again

To the person who asked about corduroys, while they may be appropriate dress-wise I don't think your son will be comfortable in them since they are a winter pant. Unless you are going on an Alaska cruise, of course ;)

My DS NEVER wears shorts. He wears jeans and cords ALL summer long--and it gets really hot and sticky in NJ in the summer (its been 96+ for the past few days:eek:).

Teens have their own way of dressing--I certainly would not even consider the things he wears to be comfortable, or even fashionable--but as long as he is clean, and semi neat, it's not a battle I choose to fight about.:cool:

I do like the suggestion for myself of the cool crinkle skirt--time to go shopping!

Archived