Missty's Gem Part 2

missty1405

So as I said before we were on the ship within about 15 minutes or so. As you board the ship they are greeting you with free champagne to everyone! We passed on the champagne. lol And our cabin was clean and ready for us, so we went and checked it out. Then decided to walk around and check out the ship. We also made our massage appointments for the next day. I wish I would of gotten photos of the ships spa - VERY nice!! Heated tile lounge chairs. Lounge chairs looking out the back of the ship with floor to ceiling windows - very cool! Sauna, pool, etc. There is an area for both the men and women or you can just stay in your own area. It was nice to lounge around and relax with Matt... watching the waves pass us by.

Monday May 26th - was a day at sea. It was so windy!!! So we slept in a bit, and then walked around the ship. I decided to play bingo.... and won a jackpot I had to share with two others. My take was $42.00!! lol Then we were off to our spa/massage appointments for a couple of hours. They did mess up our massage appointment a bitso we missed the cruise critic meet and greet. I was sad about that. But you will hear later how I meet one of them a few days later, We ate in the Regular dining room for dinner, and I thought the decor was so pretty! We went to the Newlywed game, then later that night was the "White Hot Party" Everyone was to wear all white or as much as you could. It was a fun dance, with good music at first, then it started to go techno, so we stopped dancing and eventually left and went bowling! Very fun. A great first full day.

Tuesday May 27th Malta. We had no scheduled plans for this port. The only thing we had planned was to be up on deck as the ship came into port. And I am so glad we were. Incredible! It was as if you were sailing into a Fortress. A narrow area for the ship to sail through and then you could see the rest of the island as you got more inside. Very cool! We decided to take the hop on/hop off bus and head to Mdena, which we heard was a very cool place. So, we bought our tickets and got in line. As we waited the line started to get longer behind us (we were first in line) Then a group of maybe five people decided to avoid the long line and just walk right in front of us. LOL We all thought that was pretty funny and nervy. So, the guy in charge of the bus saw what happened, came over mentioned that we were in line first and that we would board first. That made us smile. (you need to get on first to get the top of the double decker bus.) So, then this lady who we will now call "Roseann Barr" Because she looked just like her. Walked over to the guy and said that one of the guys with her has to get an "outside seat" as he has "a bum leg" So the guy said not a problem, there should be plenty for him. Well, the bus comes and this group was determined to get on the bus first. And up the tiny, very steep stairs to the top of the double decker bus they go. Not sure how a bum leg could do all that so fast... but he did! LOL On the way, the buses earphones were not working - to tell us about all the sites along the way. So at one stop we all had to get off and wait for another bus for a few minutes. This time a few people were in front of us, and Roseann Barr and Bum leg man were at the very end of the line. As the bus came, the line started to move... can you believe somehow, someway Roseann and Bum-leg man were pushing us and our group got separated a little. With me being behind these two. No big deal. So, I get up to the top and I start to tell LOUDLY our group how "Roseann Barr and Bum-leg man" pushed there way in front of me.... and as I look up, they are right there in the seat behind my sister in law and brother in law!! Too funny!! We all busted up!! I don't know how they managed but they were everywhere that day. So then we got worried - what if they are on our cruise and they follow us to every port, etc.!! Well, come to find out no need to worry they were on a Holland American ship. whew!! We laughed about them for awhile!

After seeing Mdena, stopping in a couple shops and buying a beautiful blown glass candy dish we headed back to the ship. Since it was mid afternoon, we walked around on deck, lounged around on deck and just relaxed. Had dinner I think at the Orchid Garden - pretty good. And I can't remember what we did that evening?? Maybe dancing or listening to music somewhere? Oh yeah I remember, I knew I would. Matt and I went to the jacuzzis, had one all to ourselves. Very nice.

More to come later.

missty

Archived