MIA Hotels with shuttle service

hockeymom97

Since I'll be arriving in Miami aroun 1pm - would be nice to do some shopping or get some supplies prior to cruising...

Any thing close by this hotel or am I in the middle of no where and needing to take taxis...

Im travelling with 2 young kids (4 and 1), and 2 grand parents - so walking is the easiest way to get around.

Is the Best Western On The Bay Inn and Marina any better??? (it says on the website free transport for airport to hotel, but not to the port).

There is nothing close to La Quinta Airport East - Bennigan's restaurant is next door but that is it. It's basically an industrial area.

Don't think there is any shopping near BW on the Bay, either, but I may be wrong about that.

I was looking at a cruise out of Miami on 1/25/09. We'd arrive the day before. I decided to book our cruise for 1/11/09 instead (arriving 1/10/09) because I was also having trouble finding a hotel in Miami pre-cruise. I think something is going on at that time and lots of hotels are already booked.

thanks for the info. i deceided that monday i am going to call them. Someone told me that holiday inn isnt taking reservations for 09 yet.Dont know if thats trus or not. :cool:

I did find a couple of other hotels that do have availability, but really like the HI POM. might stay in FLL and just get a car service to bring us down on cruise day too?

Will let you all know though.

Penny

alright' date=' what am I doing wrong? I checked the rates for La Quinta and it said $149, and for Best Western it was $161. Did you guys book through the hotel directly or through another website? thanks in advance![/quote']

If you'e talking about the Best Western on the Bay Inn and Marina...the price for a room in late November is $90 and $109 at La Qunita East

http://bestwesternonthebay.rtrk.com/?scid=467314

I don't think you can actually walk to Miami Beach, but for all we're saving on the shuttle from the airport and to the port, it's a great deal!

I just checked it out and the price for the date we're sailing is $90 if you have an AAA card (I have the Canadian equivalent - CAA). We're also sailing in November, I wonder if I should book now or wait. Seems rather odd to book so long in advance for just a one night stay.

WE cruised in April 2008 and stayed at the Best Western on the Bay and Marina. They have a shuttle to and from the Miami airport and to and from the cruise ship, both were free. We paid $79 per night, the rooms were very nice, staff were great and the Pub was our favorite and the locals favorite. THe pub is open air right over the water. THe Hotel was FILLED with cruise ship people. The hotel is in a good part of Miami and walking distance to Miami beach. Oh and I think if you drive there parking is free while on the cruise but I'm not sure about this so please check first. WE had 6 rooms in our group stay here and they all loved it.

I don't know about when you stayed at this hotel but I checked a review on Tripadvisor.com and the shuttle is no longer free. That review was dated May 19th 2008.

According to their website, they have something called the Cruise Port Special Package, which brings it up to $129/night, so I guess it isn't free (but still a bargain!).

We went ahead and made the reservation last week for the one night before our cruise this November; I figure it can't hurt (AND, I can't be the only one with the idea!).

Since I'll be arriving in Miami aroun 1pm - would be nice to do some shopping or get some supplies prior to cruising...

Any thing close by this hotel or am I in the middle of no where and needing to take taxis...

Im travelling with 2 young kids (4 and 1), and 2 grand parents - so walking is the easiest way to get around.

Is the Best Western On The Bay Inn and Marina any better??? (it says on the website free transport for airport to hotel, but not to the port).

We stayed at the BW North Bay and Marina, and there is a liquor store almost directly across the street, and a grocery store about 1/4 mile to the right as you exit the hotel.

Loved that you could see the ship in the morning, from the top balcony!

They also have a good sea food rest. on the water out back.

KT

According to their website, they have something called the Cruise Port Special Package, which brings it up to $129/night, so I guess it isn't free (but still a bargain!).

We went ahead and made the reservation last week for the one night before our cruise this November; I figure it can't hurt (AND, I can't be the only one with the idea!).

Actually if you booked La Quinta East, the price is $109 with a free shuttle. So I figure to book La Quinta.

If you'e talking about the Best Western on the Bay Inn and Marina...the price for a room in late November is $90 and $109 at La Qunita East

if you get the cruise pkge i got a price of 180.00 did i do something wron, looking for a room in Jan.

Penny

I was looking at a cruise out of Miami on 1/25/09. We'd arrive the day before. I decided to book our cruise for 1/11/09 instead (arriving 1/10/09) because I was also having trouble finding a hotel in Miami pre-cruise. I think something is going on at that time and lots of hotels are already booked.

Well I called the HI POM, they do have rooms. Not showing up on web sites yet.

Penny

The HI at the airport has a deal with a shuttle service to the port for $10.00 pp. A taxi is $35.00. Also the HI has a free full breakfast. We try to stay at HI because we know they are clean. Hope this helps.

Shankiko

LaQuinta is walking distance to the Oakwood Plaza.

http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m101620.htm

Most of the people on this post are looking for Miami - not Fort Lauderdale.

There is nothing within walking distance except for Bennigan's for dinner. We stayed at LaQuinta Airport East in 2006 and we drove by there this past month when we flew in to Miami for a wedding in South Beach.

We have booked it for our next cruise because of the shuttles & breakfast. We can do without a store nearby.

I just booked the LaQuinta Inn Miami Airport East (based on your recommendation guys:) ) today, for September 21st (pre cruise) the rate online was $85.50 (yeah, we're old). Since we are flying in at different times from different places (all late in the evening) this hotel with the free shuttles should work great - thanks to all who post for the rest of us to read and learn.

I just booked the LaQuinta Inn Miami Airport East (based on your recommendation guys:) ) today, for September 21st (pre cruise) the rate online was $85.50 (yeah, we're old). Since we are flying in at different times from different places (all late in the evening) this hotel with the free shuttles should work great - thanks to all who post for the rest of us to read and learn.

That's a great price. However, in January the price goes way up. It lists on their web site for $155.00 + 13% tax. :mad: I got it a little cheaper on an on-line booking sight - $131.00 including tax.:)

Just a word of warning. I just called both the Holiday Inn and the Best Western and neither allow you to park your car beyond your hotel stay even if you are willing to pay for it. They both directed me to parking at the pier!

Hi Sparky2,

We are cruising out of Miami on 2/1/09 and I looked on the LaQuinta site for a room for the night of 1/31/09 and on the online LaQuinta site said no rooms available for that night. So I called the LaQ. East directly and they had rooms but I had to book for 2 nights . :( Did you get a room for one night ? Can you say whay agency you used to book in Jan.?

Thanks,

Frank

Depending on how many people are in your group, it could be cheaper to just book the room without the package. We booked a room pre-cruise (September '08) at Best Western on the Bay for $107.99. The airport shuttle is free, but they are charging us $10 per person for the cruise port shuttle. The Cruise Port Package (if it includes the transport) is a better deal if there are at least 3 of you. In our group it's just my husband and I so it's cheaper to not buy the package.

We booked directly with the Hotel and asked for AAA rates. THis gave us $79 per night in April 2008. Maybe the secrete is out so the price went up but with the free shuttle $169 isn't bad. We flew into Fort Lauderdale and rented a car.

Good luck!! THe room rates in this area are very expensive. We did walk to the beach from the hotel, but it wasn't a quick walk. Let me know if you need anything else. We are doing a group cruise on 2/19/09 out of Miami with NCL to the southern caribean and I plan on getting a froup rate at this hotel.

Hi Sparky2,

We are cruising out of Miami on 2/1/09 and I looked on the LaQuinta site for a room for the night of 1/31/09 and on the online LaQuinta site said no rooms available for that night. So I called the LaQ. East directly and they had rooms but I had to book for 2 nights . :( Did you get a room for one night ? Can you say whay agency you used to book in Jan.?

Thanks,

Frank

We were able to book 1 night PREPAID through GTA Hotels. They "buy" a group of rooms & re-sell them. I checked their web-site, though, and it shows $192. + taxes for 1/31/09. Something big is going on that weekend - boat show, maybe? Someone else had mentioned having to stay for 2 nights to even be able to book a room at LaQuinta East. I believe she wanted to stay the weekend prior to you. She ran into the same problem as you are having.

Actually, I had hoped to cruise 1/25/09 on the same ship & itinerary, but decided on 1/11/09 instead because of being able to book the hotel. I always check to see hotel availability (& price) before booking the cruise.

I'm looking at 2 different hotels that both offer airport & Cruise port transfers... and Continental breakfast :)

La Quinta Inn for $120

or Best Western by the Bay for $130

which would you choose ?

What dates are you looking at? I'm on the website right now and its showing a price of $109 for late November. The shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port is free. It also includes a free continental breakfast.

Archived