Need info from recent CB 9 day cruisers

carefreebee

Hey recent CB 9 day cruisers could you give an overview of the dinner menus?

Thanks to S.S. Oceanlover’s great web site :D we know about the Sailaway menu, the Captain’s Welcome dinner, Caribbean night, Chef's night, Italian night, Captain’s Gala, and the Landfall menu. Does anyone recall what the other 2 evening's menus were?

Also what menus were served on formal nights and when was the Caribbean menu served?

We'd like to make reservations for Sterlings and the Balcony dinner as soon as we board (they seem to get booked up fast). Having some idea of what and when the menus are will help us select our special evenings.

Should we try to change from anytime to traditional dinning? We currently are on the waitlist (#80) for the second seating. We enjoy good service and the idea of the wait staff knowing our "likes" seems best. Opinions?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks to S.S. Oceanlover’s great web site :D we know about the Sailaway menu, the Captain’s Welcome dinner, Caribbean night, Chef's night, Italian night, Captain’s Gala, and the Landfall menu. Does anyone recall what the other 2 evening's menus were?

Also what menus were served on formal nights and when was the Caribbean menu served?

We'd like to make reservations for Sterlings and the Balcony dinner as soon as we board (they seem to get booked up fast). Having some idea of what and when the menus are will help us select our special evenings.

Should we try to change from anytime to traditional dinning? We currently are on the waitlist (#80) for the second seating. We enjoy good service and the idea of the wait staff knowing our "likes" seems best. Opinions?

Thanks for the help!

I think the extra 2 days menus are a well kept secret.:D

Bill

I checked them when I put them on my site. I saw the different themes for Cafe Caribe but didn't see any mention of what night was what in the main dining rooms. That's not to say that it's not in there somewhere. I just didn't find it.

Bill

On the 5/26 CB sailing, the extra menus were "Cosmopolitan" night and "French" night. French onion soup and Duck a'la orange were good on French night. My daughter did not care for her frog legs. I really don't remember what was on Cosmo night.

Also, get the flourless chocolate cake/torte on sailaway night -- it was excellent. On landfall night the scallop dish was good (ratatoullie that came with it was very tasty).

On the 5/26 CB sailing, the extra menus were "Cosmopolitan" night and "French" night. French onion soup and Duck a'la orange were good on French night. My daughter did not care for her frog legs. I really don't remember what was on Cosmo night.

Also, get the flourless chocolate cake/torte on sailaway night -- it was excellent. On landfall night the scallop dish was good (ratatoullie that came with it was very tasty).

Thanks for posting the info. Now all we have to do is figure out what order they fall on.

We're getting there though.:)

Bill

We got off on 5/26. Sorry, can't remember the last two nights (having too much of a good time:p )

Anyway, we were at dinner and I remember I enjoyed whatever I had, so it must have been ok cause I'm sort of a picky eater!!

For the most part, the food ranged from good to very good. Some things needed a little "tweaking", but good. My DH had the frogs legs, but think that was earlier in the cruise. He said they were very good, but he need more on his plate:D

Thanks for the help!

On Emerald,it was Princess Dinner & Cosmoplitan Dinner.Let me know if you can't find these online as I have all the menus.

The first formal night had:

Caesar Salad

Boston lettuce salad

some sort of kiwi and strawberry app

a yogurt soup

twin filet torpedos (absolutely horrific excuses for filet mignon)

Haddock

DH and I left right after dinner. The food this night was mediocre and they sat us with two couples that did not speak English

We had a much better experience the second to last night

The second to last night had

goat cheese soufle

Cream of mushroom soup

lamb chops

pork tenderloin

stilton cheese with hay straws (or something like that, but it was good)

That's all I can remember

Thanks for the info. KurtMo & Clutterlady:D

If anyone can remember what nights had which menus that would be great!

Johnmik1 - How did you get the menus? Does just asking nicely work?

Since we were aboard for 2 ten day cruises,we wanted to be able to plan the nights that we might dine in the specialty restaurants or elsewhere.I asked the cabin steward and he was unable to get them.I then asked an officer friend and they were delivered an hour later.

On the first formal night, do not order the Halibut. I was on the May 26th sailing and the people that ordered the halibut that night complained that it was too dry. I had the cornish game hen and it was good.

On Italian night, I stayed with the classic fettachini alfredo, but my DH had the veal chop and loved it.

Not sure what theme night it was, but I had this wonderful crispy red snapper in a spicy Thai sauce with Jasmine rice - it was my favorite meal on the ship. DH had the leg of lamb and he said was like having a lamb dinner in Ireland (his family is from Ireland).

On Chef's night (that was the night before the second formal night), the goat cheese souffle was very tasty and you must get the rack of lamb.

On the second formal night (second to last night), I had the beef wellington - not the best I ever had, but it was good. My husband had the lobster tail and shrimp - looked very good.

On the last night (Landfall dinner), I was very disappointed with my dinner. I had the sweetbreads with mushrooms in the puff pastry and the sweetbeads were overcooked and I had the linguini in clam sauce - not very good. But my husband had the Prime Rib (also served on the first night) and he liked (but how could you mess Prime Rib).

I think Caribbean night was the 3rd night onboard, which we dined at Sterlings - so worth the extra $15 charge! We loved it!

Archived