Blue Horizon or Marriott Residence Inn

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels in Vancouver?

Looking for a place that is clean and in the $200 range for a one night pre cruise stay in May 2009 and both have positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

Open to any other suggestions for a one night stay, two women traveling solo, want to visit Stanley Park pre cruise for sure.

Both are good properties in excellent locations. The Marriot is probably slightly better in quality but the Blue Horizon wins on location....I would go with the Blue Horizon because of its Robson Street address and it puts you right in the middle of the great shops and restaurants on the street. You can also walk to Stanley Park, Paciic Centre, the art gallery, Canada Place and it is on transit. I would also throw out to you for consderation the Hyatt Regency on Burrard where we have seen some rates well under $200 lately on Priceline and promotions.

Thanks this is exactly the kind of information I am looking for!

I am amazed at the planning required when one is flying in, since we are spoiled and normally drive to the local ports here in Florida.

The cost and logistics flying into Vancouver are a big WOW factor!

I am also considering flying into Seattle and via Carnival transfer, or bus or train into Vancouver. Right now a one way airfare from Orange County CA to Vancouver is running over $300.

Thank heavens I have time to plan it out and I haven't even begun to think excursions!

I am suffering from sticker shock from the hotel rates in your part of the country, $300 p/n in FLL seems to be the norm. Because we live in AZ for 5 mos or so the airfares out of LAS and PHX are not to bad.

Marriot: I agree with Putter. however is has the best breakfast smorg included that I have run across in Canada.

Location: is walking distance to small ferries that run to Granville Island and the water side path along False creek leading to Stanley Park on the West side.:::::

I would stay here rather than the other hotel. But the more central location for crusin' is the Blue Horizon. Which BTW has really really good eggs benny in their small restaurant.

We enjoyed our stay at the Blue Horizon this past April.

We paid a few dollars extra to upgrade to a delux room on a high floor and stayed on the 27th floor. All rooms are corner rooms and are very spacious with a sitting area, 2 Queen beds, Plasma TV, and large bathroom.

The bill on our VISA came to $127.00 USD!

The view from the balcony was breathtaking. There were windows on 2 sides of the room.

Plus you step out of the hotel right onto Robson St. We had dinner in a Vietnamese restaurant right across the street. There were all kinds of restaurants within walking distance and some of the locals we met recommended and frequented the restaurant right in the Hotel.

Check out more reviews and photos on Tripadvisor.com - they were all good when I was trying to decide. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything.

Archived