Hotwire / Priceline question

hockeymom97

When booking your pre-cruise hotel stay, do you prefer Priceline or Hotwire?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. When booking your pre-cruise hotel stay, do you prefer Priceline or Hotwire?

• Hotwire
    • Priceline
    • I use another method to book my hotel

I'm curious how many people choose Hotwire over Priceline or vice versa when booking their pre-cruise hotel stay? I've only used Priceline but was curious if other have a preference and if one seemed to offer better hotels than the other?

Also -based on your experience, do you seem to get a better deal the further in advance that you book? Or do you seem to have better luck if you wait to the last miniute?

Yes, I know it's only one night but shouldn't everyone's cruise get off to a good start with a nice pre-cruise hotel stay? ;)

I have used hotwire for other things but I'm a bit nervous to use it pre cruise has anyone used the 2.5 star rating hotel

i used Hotwire for my 9/14/08 cruise but i used 4star and got the Intercontinental and i got it for $96 so i guess its not to bad but i sat and watched the way it jumped so i waited for the lowest i seen, watch the prices now its like $99 last i looked.Happy Cruising

• 4 weeks later...

Priceline has not been very good in accepting bids for my Cocoa Beach stay in August, so I took my chance with Hotwire. The internet/best rate for Comfort Suites @ 3901 N. Atlantic was listed at $116.00 plus taxes. The lowest online price I found back in April/May was $99.00 plus taxes. On Hotwire I selected the $65.00 option, and with taxes and fees paid a total of $78.00

I was also having trouble getting a bid on Priceline for our January cruise. Hotwire had a 3.5* listed for $136. Since we are cruising during the busy season in Florida and most hotels list their rooms over $200, I decided to take the chance on Hotwire. We got the Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Airport for our pre-cruise night. Looks like a nice hotel, and it has a shuttle from the airport to the Hotel. No shuttle from hotel to cruiseport. Looks like we will have to take a taxi, which will be all right to the ship. No convience stores or restaurants close by, but at least we have a nice hotel!

Think I would definately use Hotwire again.

I use both. I like hotwire because I often can figure out the hotel by their description of the amenitites. But if I'm not picky on location, I have won the best bids on our land trips with Priceline.

Archived