"Port Time" vs "Ship time"

bbjap

Hi there, i'm looking for information more specific to Princess. I've looked at the port boards and i'm just wondering for my future cruise so i wont "miss the boat".

I'll be on the Ruby so there wont be past experience at this time for this ship, but for others who have cruised the western caribbean could you please help out?

I was wondering on the itinerary available from princess are the times listed "Port times" or are the "ship time". IE. if it lists that i get into cozumel at 8am does that mean 8am Cozumel time (CST) or is it 8am Ship TIME (leaving from FLL, EST).

I want to know for booking private excursions and also so i wont be late coming back to the ship!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS in advance

On our cruises, Princess has always changed the time onboard to match the time in port. They'll post a notice in the Patters. It's kind of odd to be "springing forward" or "falling back" every couple of days but I think they do it to avoid the confusion you're experiencing.

Alright, So if it says i'm in Cozumel from 8am - 6pm, then that means we wont be docking until 8 local time. Alrighty, THANKS.

I was planning on doing the Dolphinaris Dolphin Trainer program in Cozumel for the wife. The first session goes at 830 and the next at 12:30. It lasts 3.5 hours. So we'll be done by 4pm. See my worries about ship time versus port time.... the 830 is too early if we arrive at 8, but being done a 4 should be perfect to be back on the boat before 6pm local time.

Anyone else able to confirm that the itinerary times listed by princess are local port times?... THANKS!

And, if you're not sure, one of the channels on your TV will show a clock with ship's time. I can only remember one time (in Belize) where ship's time and local time were an hour off. It caused a lot of confusion with the shore excursion folks (but I think it was a Carnival cruise).

Yep, it can be very confusing when you're arranging your independent tours. Just make certain you set your watch to ship time before you depart for the day. You'll do fine. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you very much for all the great replies... It's my second cruise and my first with Princess. Thanks for the info about the time changes while on board. It does make it difficult to plan independant excursions...

i'm sure it would be even more difficult those weeks around the daylight savings time switches, because you could potentially be changing 2 hours or with different ports as countries take part in DST or not.

Thanks again for all the input. I'll remember to check the patters and on the Tube every morning... probably ask the crew as i leave the boat too... my ultimate fear is to be "left behind".

Archived