cell phone question

baz12

Going to Spain, France and Italy and need to rent a cellphone due to family issues. Anyone know who rents a cell phone in the us to use in Europe that has free incoming calls with a U.S. phone number?

Check with cell phone companies. I'm a Realtor and had buyers who were living in Chad (middle of Africa!). I could never get them on the phone at the US embasssy or their house.(He was THE medical person at the embassy and he's a PA, not Dr.)) But someone came into my office and got them on her CELL PHONE! She said she had arranged to be able to call internationally because she wanted to be able to talk with her sister who lived in Argentina. Sorry, I don't remember what company she had. (Sold their house via email and the embassy fax machine!)

I doubt there's any cell phone that will give you free incoming calls. It would free to the person in the US who was calling you, but you would pay the roaming fee. If you don't have a cell phone currently, it may be a good time to get one. Make sure it is a GSM phone. I have Cingular/ATT and used my old Motorola GSM band phone all over Europe. Both incoming and out-going calls are charged to your bill.

Archived