Door decorations!

I thought I remember reading about this on CC a long time ago. We are going on a family reunion cruise on the Monarch on 6/23. YAY!! There will be 16 of us in 8 rooms. I thought it would be fun to decorate everyone's doors. Does anyone have any pictures or descriptions of things they've done or seen? Have you seen names? At first I was thinking about putting people's pictures on them but I didn't want to advertise where the kids were staying.

Thanks!

Last year was my parent's 25th anniversary so we decorated accordingly. The other room we just decorated tropical. We had bright colors and sea creatures and flip flops. We had everything but the sand. We also had a promenade room and decorated our windows to match. We didn't take any pictures but I wish we did. We plan to decorate agin on our upcoming cruise.

We always travel with a group of people. One of our friends designs a basic sign with the ship, date and our home town. Everyone then personalizes it with their names, stickers, etc and then we laminate them. It sure does help when you are walking down a LONG hall and trying to figure out which cabin is yours, after awhile, they all look the same :D Plus when others in our group need something, you always know who's cabin is who's!

Let the kids have fun and decorate their own sign and then keep them as a rememberance of the cruise. Ours are in our scrapbook!

Buy poster boards and self-stick letters to use for the family's name. For example "The Smith's Family Reunion."

Then print out icons/graphics of pirates, pirate ships, palm trees, sea gulls, treasure chests, etc and have each person decorate their own posters.

The majority of cabin doors are magnetic so take that into consideration when placing something on the outside of your door.

It sure does help when you are walking down a LONG hall and trying to figure out which cabin is yours, after awhile, they all look the same :D

It would probably easier if you did not keep stopping at the bars before heading back to your cabin!!!;) :D

We have decorated our doors in the past with Pirate themes, and sea creatures, or beach themes. I always use magnetic tape. You can buy it at any craft shop. RCI does not like the use of tape as it takes the paint off the door.

Happy cruising:)

Just a warning, on our last cruise, the staff made an entire group remove their door decorations. They were told it was a 'safety' issue so I would be careful about getting too elaborate.

I didn't see the decorations, the affected party just told us about it.

Just a warning, on our last cruise, the staff made an entire group remove their door decorations. They were told it was a 'safety' issue so I would be careful about getting too elaborate.

I didn't see the decorations, the affected party just told us about it.

What ship did this happen on???? We have always decorated our door and never had to remove anything...:confused:

Maybe they had something that was offensive???...:confused:

Try Shindigz.com

We have used them for a couple years and have been very satisfied with their service. They have all sorts of decorations including cruise and tropical themes. One thing they do very well is vinyl banners. They are very high quality, they personalize them for you (you specify the text & they print it), they have several cruise themed banners to choose, they ship very fast, and their prices are very reasonable.

We (our group) did this on the Explorer in Jan, I went crazy with decorations and I found

out the doors arent flat they have swirls in them ,so that really messed with

what I had planned, I was able to use that tacky gum (craft store)

I also used the magnetic paper (staples) its expensive but my

decorations would not of worked at all if I didnt have this paper.

I did a valentine theme and it was our anniversary cruise so I cut out pictures

of us just married and then of us now and our teen girls, it came out nice.

I also liked the idea someone posted at some time to have a note pad

and a little bag for people to write notes to you but mine would stay on the

door, I even brought extra magnets to secure the note pad to the door

but it wouldnt work, so I took it off.

Have fun with this I looked for months for just the right items make sure to look in the 75% off bins that is where alot of good stuff is in the off season.:D

I thought I remember reading about this on CC a long time ago. We are going on a family reunion cruise on the Monarch on 6/23. YAY!! There will be 16 of us in 8 rooms. I thought it would be fun to decorate everyone's doors. Does anyone have any pictures or descriptions of things they've done or seen? Have you seen names? At first I was thinking about putting people's pictures on them but I didn't want to advertise where the kids were staying.

Thanks!

I decorate my door for every cruise and love it. I do a lot of booze themes (lol), so I'm not sure how well that works for a family reunion. :) I'd avoid the names and pictures, personally, since I'm a bit of a safety/privacy freak when it comes to that. As for what to put on your door... if you do a search on google images for cabin door decorations or cruise door decoration, you'll find some cool ideas.

I just made our signs for our 4 rooms on Liberty (July 5th). I purchased scrapbook pages, put our first names on them. For each room and name I put something that refers to each person. Example; my husband rides a harley and loves karaokee. I bought scrapbook stick ons. I put magnetic strips on the back of the pages. Have fun with it and be creative.

I just made our signs for our 4 rooms on Liberty (July 5th). I purchased scrapbook pages, put our first names on them. For each room and name I put something that refers to each person. Example; my husband rides a harley and loves karaokee. I bought scrapbook stick ons. I put magnetic strips on the back of the pages. Have fun with it and be creative.

Thank you for all the great ideas everybody! This is exactly what I did today. I bought a 12" x 12" scrapbook page for each room. On each will say The Smith Family Reunion Cruise 2008. I will put the people's names on it who are staying in that room along with clip art that describes that person (a sport they play, a hobby etc.) I also got some cute stickers. I need to get the magnetic tape now. Does anyone know if the Monarch has metal doors?

I'll have to take pictures and post them when I'm finished.

On our last cruise we brought a post-it pad to leave notes with. In the excitement of our first day onboard, I wrote several notes like; We're cruisin' and Kid free. I stuck about six notes to the outside door. On the second night we returned to find 2 missing. I made new ones to hang up. After dinner the next evening the same two were missing again. I wrote a "Wanted...Sticker Thief" note to replace them. The following evening we received a "ransom" note stuck to our door. We loved coming back every evening to see what was left (or taken). At the end of the cruise, we caught the thiefs in action taking all of our stickers! We took pictures with them and it is one of my favorite memories. Just thought I would share. :)

Not to put a damper on the enthusiasm, but don't be too surprised if your door signs get snatched. It happened to me on my last Sovereign cruise last month. I had a sign that I had used on all my previous cruises - a white background (8x11) foam with several credit-card-sized refrigerator magnets on the back, and a blue crown and anchor symbol of adhesive-backed foam attached to it with my CC screen name on it using stick-on letters. I came back to my room late in the afternoon of the second day of the cruise (Coco Cay) and discovered the sign was missing. Frustrating!!! I asked my room attendant about it and she said she was really sorry it had been stolen - she thought it was a nice touch.

It's our granddaughter's bd this cruise. Will there be balloons on our door put up by ship's personnel? Who does put all those balloons up? The passengers? I'm clueless about some of the terms used here--magnetic paper? How does that adhere to your door? Also, what is permitted inside the cabin for decorating? Can you tape things?

Archived