Cruised out - doesn't it gotta be special to go??

tlmlb

I think Bicker nailed it.....the problem was the they way it used to be wasn't appealing enough to most people...few went on cruises. It was expensive and it was, uh, fussy. Now, more people than ever cruise. Prices are competitive to other options, the fussiness (is that a word?) has been reduced and the range of options and activities on board has grown dramatically. If you enjoyed cruising before, it is understandable why you may not like it now...though there are lines that preserve that experience.

I don't think we will ever tire of cruising but we also enjoy land based vacations. Our 13th cruise is coming up in December and we have an all-incusive scheduled in Mexico for April. Then another cruise in June. We enjoy cruising for the ship as much as the ports and we love sea days.

We cruised with Carnival in 2003. My husband's first cruise ( I went on NCL in 79). My husband and I loved it and had a great time. Then this past February we spent 11 days on the big island Hawaii. Wow what a different experience. They both were great tho. Hawaii is so different it doesn't seem fair to compare the experiences. We were treated very well on Carnival and we plan to take our 5 kids in June to Western Carribean. They will love their cruise experience also. It is so convenient and relaxing. The food is great, the ship is great and the people are great. Many times your vacation is just what you make it.

Archived