1st time cruise with teens

saldoc

:confused: We are looking to take our first cruise at the end of Aug-beginning of Sept 2008. We are looking at RCCL & CCL for a 5 or 7 day Caribbean cruise. The only cruise we can really do with RCCL is on Enchantment of the Sea. We have 2 teens girl-17 & boy-14 is the Enchantment a ship for them? CCL has a few more options but I really don't know anything about their ships. Help!

We have only done RCCL, but our teenage sons loved it. There is so much to do. They even got involved in the Teen programs and had a great time. Go to wwww.cruiseclues.com and click on the ships you are interested on. There is a lot of info and pictures.

We have only done RCCL, but our teenage sons loved it. There is so much to do. They even got involved in the Teen programs and had a great time. Go to wwww.cruiseclues.com and click on the ships you are interested on. There is a lot of info and pictures.

The two girls have each other for company so that's great.

I have an only DS who just turned 13. He never liked the "kid" clubs!!! The first thing he does when he gets on the ship is head to the game arcade. It's a running joke in our small family as to how long it will take him to meet and make a new friend.:D On our spring break cruise last year he had made a new friend within 20 mins. of getting onboard!!!:D

Having said that, this year he is looking forward to seeing just what the "teen club" offers since this will be the first time he is old enough to be a part of it. If your DS doesn't like the "teen club" he may want to check out the "game arcade" to see who's in there. On our last cruise that's were a lot of boys your DSs age hung out. SAVE YOUR QUARTERS!!!!:eek:

I'm also in your situation going on my cruise in Feb for the first time with my kids, 17 DD, 14 DS-same situation. However, I have sailed on Carnival and am doing again in February. It is a great cruiseline and you & your kids will have fun and their prices tend to be much better too. Our TA keeps pushing for RCCI and I just can't bring myself to pay the extra several hundred dollars to "test" it. My 5 day cruise in Feb is about $800 less than RCCI for the 4 of us. Go to the Carnival boards and you will see lots of happy cruisers and get your questions answered there. Carnival has the kids clubs too with lots of activities. Club 02 is for 15-17 year olds & was created from real feedback from teens. Camp Carnival is for toddlers thru age 14 in different age groups so your DS will be in the 12-14 age group and they have scavenger hunts, PS2 competitions, etc. Both will have a blast. My son is so excited to go on his first cruise - he said we'll probably never see him. :)

We have two boys, ages 16 and 21. Our boys still love to go cruising with us. When my 21 year old was younger he never had a problem finding anyone to hang around with. My 16 year old seems to never have a problem as well, and he actually makes several friends that he keeps in touch with. Still talks to a couple from last year. And, there is the gameroom, seems to be a very popular spot.

We have only sailed Carnival and have been very happy with their ships. Good luck on your decision.

I've travelled with a group of teen girls on both CCL and RCI. CCL's programs for younger children are great, but for mid- to late-teens, they were very lame. (Example: the much-ballyhooed teen disco? Empty every night.) The activites and hangouts on RCI were much cooler.

Celebrity have greate progams for teenagers and kids. Many people say that their progams are like or better than the Disney progam. If you are going on school days in both lines, specially ccl, will be like 20 kids.

I've travelled with a group of teen girls on both CCL and RCI. CCL's programs for younger children are great, but for mid- to late-teens, they were very lame. (Example: the much-ballyhooed teen disco? Empty every night.) The activites and hangouts on RCI were much cooler.

I disagree. My DD LOVED Camp Carnival until she was was too old to go. She always found a group of teens to pal around with, and loved the Camp Carnival activities. She did not like RCI's teen program at all due to the fact that they were geared to sports. I guess it depends on your child, but my DD said Camp Carnival was far better than RCI's program hands down.

Archived