The Dream June 1

Band Guy

Hello Gang,

Yesterday we returned from our 10th. cruise from Boston to Bermuda. It was our first and last on the Dream. The cruise was bitter sweet because it was our last time to dock in St. George, a place we truly enjoy. After sailing on the Majesty 9 times there was going to be a lot of comparison. Basically, the Dream is bigger and actually better maintained then the Majesty had been the last two years. However, the Dream's layout was not very user friendly to several folks who were in wheel chairs, walkers or had some physical difficulties. To be honest I thought that the dining rooms appearance wise where really nice. My stateroom was terrific and the housekeeping staff were great. I wish that I could say that the food service was as good as the Majesty but it was not. The Ship is no longer owned by NCL and will be going to the new owners in Greece on Nov. 2, 2008. The food and beverage service staff were very weak with the exception of the Bistro which was exceptional.

To all the many wonderful folks who we met and were reaquainted with, thank you for your support and kind words. I wish our performances could have been longer. We are booked on the Spirit for May 29, 2009. I hope to see you all again.

I will answer any questions as honestly as I can.

While not a perfect cruise it was still special.

Dom V. "The Band Guy"

Hello Gang,

Yesterday we returned from our 10th. cruise from Boston to Bermuda. It was our first and last on the Dream. The cruise was bitter sweet because it was our last time to dock in St. George, a place we truly enjoy. After sailing on the Majesty 9 times there was going to be a lot of comparison. Basically, the Dream is bigger and actually better maintained then the Majesty had been the last two years. However, the Dream's layout was not very user friendly to several folks who were in wheel chairs, walkers or had some physical difficulties. To be honest I thought that the dining rooms appearance wise where really nice.

bandguy, a few ?'s....we are going on the dream to Bermuda soon. I have heard no one dresses up for the trip-did you see this also? Any tips about special places to eat on board ? Did you notice people did not join others for meals , but stayed to themselves, as others stated recently? Did you notice any greet and meet any evening w/or w/out captain?

Hi,

I would say on the two optional formal nights I think maybe 60% of the ladies were in dress clothing and maybe 25% of the men but I didn't see any formal dress. I think a lot of folks dress for pictures. I personally haven't brought a jacket and tie since our first cruise back in 1998!

I thought that the Italian restaurant was very good. The Terrace restarant is really a nice room. Don't be afraid to order double meals as the portions can be fairly small.

Best tip from my wife and I, Bring or buy a big covered coffee mug.

We were cruising with a couple of hundred people booked by our special travel agent so we knew a lot of folks on the cruise but you can ask to be seated with other people when you check in to the dining rooms and that's a great way to meet people and hanging around the pools also.

I met the Capt. just briefly and I know Latitude members have a get together but it was always on Tuesday night when the band was playing in St. George square.

All the best.

Dom V. The Band Guy

Your trip didnt sound like the best but being on the cruise to nowhere i kinda had a feeling it wasnt going to be the same as the Majesty . I have been on the Spirit and I really think you will like that ship. Totally different than the Magesty/Dream and much bigger so I guess you will have to keep going back for another 10 years.

I am curious...where did the band end up playing? Talking to a few of the members in your band at Twin River they seemed a bit concerned about where you were going to perform. Hey if you can pull something off to a bunch of elementry kids who weren't even born when your songs where hits on the front stairs of the Dame school you can play anywhere they put you!!! :) (its been awhile since my kids saw you at the school bbq and they still remember when the band was there)

Hopefully some day I will be able to enjoy a week with Dotty and the gang until then I am sure I will be sitting in the audience of one of your upcoming shows!!!

Hi Paula,

We played on the platform overlooking the pool bar and hot tubs. It actually worked out well. Although we prefer to be closer to the audience at least we had some cover when the showers came. Everyone I've spoken to about the Spirit are very positive. We're already looking forward to next May 28th.

I'm optimistic for the cruisers that are booked the rest of this year on the Dream. It seems that from the Board reviews they are getting better each week. Think positive future cruisers.

Dom V. The Band Guy

Hey Band Guy, I just wanted to thank you for making our cruise even better. My family and I had such a great time listening to you all week! Also, I want to thank you for singing Happy Birthday to my mom on Friday, it really embarassed her, and it was great!!! My two boys really enjoyed dancing to your music, and it provided such great memories for all of us.

I'm so glad that we were lucky enough to be there last week so we could hear your performances. I also picked up your schedule, and I'm 99.9% certain that we'll be up at Hampton Beach on June 25th to hear you again. We probably would have gone a different day that week, but since you'll be there, we'll definitely be there!!!

Again, thanks for making a great week even greater!!

I too would like to thank you and your band for some wonderful entertainment. I look forward to seeing you at Kimballs. If my husband has it his way we will be there for ever performance. Your band made the cloudy days sunny. We are working on cruising with you next year.

Thanks again, see you at Kimballs.

Archived