Question about Stingrays

We are going in July on Majesty to Bahamas and I wanted to know if anyone could give me some information about Stingrays. My daughter is a so/so swimmer, and isn't hip on the idea of snorkeling. The only thing I have read about as far as "swimming with the stingrays" is the Stingray Snorkeling at Coco Cay. Is there anywhere else that they have stingrays that you can wade or swim with that doesn't require you to sign up for a snorkeling excursion?

There is a giant fish tank at the Atlantis Hotel lobby that has many large stingrays swimming in it. No need to even get wet, but they are separated by a sheet of glass from you.

We are going in July on Majesty to Bahamas and I wanted to know if anyone could give me some information about Stingrays. My daughter is a so/so swimmer, and isn't hip on the idea of snorkeling. The only thing I have read about as far as "swimming with the stingrays" is the Stingray Snorkeling at Coco Cay. Is there anywhere else that they have stingrays that you can wade or swim with that doesn't require you to sign up for a snorkeling excursion?

My family and I did Blackbeards stingray adventure in Nassau that was nice. The stingrays come in really close to shore as in (knee deep) and she could see them that way. They make you wear a life vest for safety reasons and hand out scuba gear if you want it but is not really needed to see the stingrays.

The water is shallow,clear and calm enough that your daughter will make out just fine. They will feed them and bring them up close to shore... just hold her hand and watch her expressions :)

Oh... by the way it was a excursion that we purchased for this, try it-you will enjoy.:)

Firemans15

we also did the blackbeards sting ray tour and loved it. We did it just a couple of weeks after steve irwin died and being from australia and hearing our accent everyone wanted to know about him.

Sorry I do not know him even we are both from australia:D

It certainly added a different aspect to the tour.

My daughter was 13 at the time and while you could snorkel as the poster before said, they come right up to the very shallow end and swim right over yout feet. they give you some food to feed them and they suck it up right out of your hand.

It is an amazing trip and something both us rate very highly. We also did the power boat out there which was fun for daughter ....ummm not so much fun for mum:D :D

this was one of the few ship organised tours we have done and well worth the money.

there is also a separate little beach and chairs for after your swim if you like.

It's not uncommon to see stingrays at the regular beach in CocoCay, although they don't feed them there. I saw a couple there in May...no need to snorkel. You don't have to be a great swimmer to snorkle....good news is that you still have time for her to take swimming lessons before the cruise so she will feel more comfortable in the water.

http://www.powerboatadventures.com/

Out of Nassau...

They take you to a private island and the rather large stingrays literally get on your lap as you are sitting in calm water at the beach and eat out of your hand... no swimming necessary.

It's crazy but cool.

So is the rest of the tour check them out... a complete day of fun.

Stingray city out of Grand Cayman is a blast also... as long as she is tall enough to stand on the sandbar.

Archived