Shore Excursions: Mexican Riviera

kamikazecat

Hi everyone! My hubby and I are going on our first cruise in two weeks and are wondering about shore excursions. We have never been to Mexico and would love so advice as to what we should do. Our ports of call our Mazatlan, Cabo, and Puerto Vallerta. Thanks!:D

You might want to check the ports of call board. We did Randi's Happy Horeses in Mazatlan. We had a great time went back 3 other times. Cabo has tours offered on the ship and there are lots of vendors waiting for you when you get off the tenders. I prefer to go to the Mango Deck and have drinks and go swimming in the beautiful water.

Candi

kamikazecat - We are one your roll call and hopefully will meet up the 1st night.

My DH and I, along with the couple we are traveling with, are doing Randy's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. We'd love for you to join us! Here is the website in case you want to book:

http://www.randishappyhorses.com

It's $45pp.

In PV we are doing a couple's massage at Krystals and then doing the Jeep Safari. In Cabo we are doing the Sea of Cortez Snorkel.

See you on the boat.

When my wife and I went on this cruise a few years ago, we didn't do shore excursions in Cabo or Mazatlan. In Cabo, we cruised around ourselves. Spent the morning on the beach, had lunch at Cabo Wabo and took the glass bottom boat tour to lovers beach. We had so much fun rolling on our own.

In Mazatlan, we found a cab driver who spoke english and hired him for the day to be our tour guide. He took us all over the place and showed us some amazing places in Mazatlan that most tourists never get to see.

Puerto Vallarta was different... We went on the town and country tequila tour via the cruise ship and we had an absoloute blast!! Yeah, they took us shopping and what not but the Tequila tour and tasting was amazing. Especially since i'm a big fan of tequila. If you get a chance while you are in PV, take the Tequila Town and Country tour, it was well worth the money IMHO...

In Mazatlan we did the same thing as Illeniumsd..hired a driver and he was great and told us a great place to eat that had an AMAZING seafood platter.

In Cabo we did Cabo Wabo and enjoyed ourselves very much, but be forwarned...Cabo Wabo is a bit pricey...even for some of the mexican restaurants we frequent here at home (southern california).

In Puerto Vallarta we did the zip line excursion with Los Veranos and my hubby and kids Absolutely LOVED it! I am afraid of heights so I bowed out of it, but Los Veranos has a great restaurant/zoo to hang out at while you wait for family...if some don't want to do the zip line. Next time I am in Puerto Vallarta I want to do the Tequila tour that Illeniumsd talked about. I am a tequila girl!!!

Archived