Phil Lafayette Dunn's River Falls and Water Tubing

smazerolle

This same tour is being offered with Ionie McBeam, however, it includes a stop at Mahogany Beach after climbing the falls. You can get some lunch and beverages there, while you relax for 1 1/2-2 hours before going river tubing. Her tour lasts 5 1/2 hours and drops you back at Margaritaville @ 2:00 pm.

Go with Phil! He is only $20 pp +fees+ tip (yes, tip the man! he is very entertaining). Read previous posts regarding what Phil does for his tour. He does personalize them if need him to. Cannot go wrong with Phil!

Tammy from Florida

I'm also planning to book with Phil.....here's the tour we're interested in:

Dunn’s River Falls and River Tubing

Your day begins with the famous Dunn’s River Falls with sufficient time to climb or view the scenery. Then you would be taken sight seeing of the Fern Gully and next off to the Shaw Park Botanical Gardens, were you will get a guided tour through this landscape with beautiful flowers and plants, as well as a natural waterfall. You will also get an enchanting view of the town of Ocho Rios and its coastline.

It’s now close to lunchtime and we make our way to a typical Jamaican Restaurant where you can relish the local cuisine. Our next move would be shopping for approximately 45 mins. And finally, you will be taken straight to the White River where you will climb into a giant inner tube and float gently down the stream for approx. an hour. You will now close this magnificent day with an awesome feeling of Jamaica and a definite desire to return as we make our journey back to the ship.

Cost: $50.00 per adult and $40.00 per child (12 years and under). All entrance fees included (lunch not included).

OK, here are my questions: 1) What do you do with your stuff while tubing and climbing the falls? 2) How much does lunch cost? Will there be food for my children's non adventurous palates? 3)How long does the tour last? 4)Do you bring a change of clothes or just stay in your wet bathing suits?

Thanks!

OK, here are my questions: 1) What do you do with your stuff while tubing and climbing the falls? 2) How much does lunch cost? Will there be food for my children's non adventurous palates? 3)How long does the tour last? 4)Do you bring a change of clothes or just stay in your wet bathing suits?

--in relations to your questions, 1) Phil will ensure that your belongings are safely locked in his secure motorcoach. 2) I think lunch was somewhere around $10/pp, plus extra for the ice cold Red Stripe! 3) I'm not sure what else they have for lunch outside of the jerk chicken, beef and pork, but if you email Phil, I'm sure he will have the answer 3) Our tour lasted approx. 5-6 hrs. 6) I just stayed in my suit, but it wasn't that uncomfortable. There are changing facilities at the tubing location and also Dunns River Falls.

Hope this helps, and HAVE FUN!! Tell Phil I said hello!

Lisa :)

That helps tremendously imatarb! Thanks!

We plan to stay in our suits if that works, sounds like it does! The food sounds very cheap if it really runs about $10 per person. That would only be about $40 for our family of 4 so that's pretty good to experience some "authentic" jamaican food. How spicy is "jerk" food?

Anybody else want to share details? I'm a detail junky, I want to hear it all. Anybody have children who climbed the falls and tubed? Just wondering if it's an OK thing to do for kids and also us out of shap adults. Will we be able to do it?

How does the payment and cancellation work?

I had decided on Phil and the Dunn's River w/ Tubing tour but I'm not sure we can leave our 4 year old in the kids program. He doesn't adjust easily to new surroundings. So I don't know what to do. Can we just show up on the dock if we are able to go?

We did Phil's tour in April and you can't go wrong. Our lunch cost about $ 8.00 each and was very good. While we were at the falls and river tubing we left all our stuff on the bus with Phil and he took care of it.I think our tour lasted about 5 hours but we were held up a short time waiting on a couple with reservavtions that didn't show.We did the river tubing before Dunn's River Falls which was the last thing on our tour before lunch. Our tour started about 9:00 and we had lunch about 2:00 and then Phil dropped us off at Margueritaville for some shopping. We then walked back to the ship. He's a great guy and we really have fun with him.

We went with Phil last week. It was great. We took a group of 9 (5 were children). We all had a great time. There were 13 of us on his tour. He took great care of all of us and was very personable. We went on a tour of the area. He made several stops to show us the sights, plant life and shops. We even saw some local talent. Everyone was very nice. We then did the river tubing. It was fun for all of us including the two 6 years olds. We all went in our own tubes and the river guides were right with us the entire time. The falls were fantastic.

Don't miss a trip with Phil Lafayette. You won't be sorry for booking with him.

My husband and I received a personal tour from Phil and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Phil is very flexible with the schedule and offers additional suggestions time permitting.

We highly recommend Phil for your personal tour guide.

Patrick and Danielle Ossi

We just got back from our tour with Phil and it was awesome. He is very personable, professional and knowledgeable. What impressed me was his attentiveness to his guest's comfort. He monitors the crowds at the falls you don't have to wait too long, has an air conditioned van that you can keep your cameras and extra clothes in during water activities and provides a changing area after the water activities so you can eat and continue the tour in dry clothes. Don't miss the river tubing...what a blast!! After the tour he dropped us off at Island Village where there are plenty of duty free shops and Carlos and Charlies and is easy walking distance back to the ships. Highly recommend booking with Phil!!

Had a fantastic time with Phil. Felt very comfortable. Had time to do the tour that included Tubing and Dunn's River Falls... also a tour of the island and a couples stops for local crafts. Nice, clean van with air conditioning. Phil is very entertaining and knowledgeable... he knows everything about his beautiful island! Definately... go with Phil -- you will not be disappointed! Denise

I have to place my thumbs ups to Phil. He was the best. I took the tour with the tubing and falls. We had completed both by 1:00 p.m. Some of the people on our tour just did the falls, others did the falls and lunch, and the rest of us did the tubing, the falls and lunch. You will have a great time regardless of what you do with Phil:)

Kudos to Phil from us as well. We went on the same day at Airlink Diva (hi!!) and had a blast. Phil loves Jamaica and sharing it with visitors. My only recommendation--if you are doing the tubing, BRING A WATERPROOF CAMERA!! We didn't and regret it. We have no pictures of our tubing experience. We took our digital camera on the Falls climb and it was a pain, but at least do-able (we had the camera in a zip-lock bag in a tote bag strung around my husband's neck). We got lots of great pictures there. Also, on the Falls, bring a little extra cash to tip the guides. They do a great job in terms of getting you up the Falls safely and they take pictures of you with your own camera at several points (at least our guide--Wilson--did).

Again, thank you Phil!! We recommend him highly!

• 3 weeks later...

Phil only does Ocho Rios--Mo Bay is a 90-minute drive away, I believe. You could e-mail him just to be sure. I should mention that we saw Conquest passengers at the Falls when we were there (it docked in Mo Bay that time too), but I think they were on a tour through the ship, as the ""official" Carnival photographer was there taking pictures.

Archived