Phil Lafayette Dunn's River Falls and Water Tubing

smazerolle

Just booked Phil for a February tour ( Dunn's River Falls and River Tubing) can anyone tell me how the payment process works; when do you pay him and is it cash or credit cards? Any other comments about what else to see or do would be appreciated; we are traveling with a teenage son. Thanks.

Payment to Phil needs to be in cash. We did the Dunn River Falls and Tubing expedition. He preferred that we pay each of the admissions ourselves ($20 at tubing, $10 at Dunn river falls,) and then we paid him $20. for the tour. Just telling you this because it is a bit easier if you have proper change rather than just a $50. bill.) You are going to have a TERRIFIC time with Phil. It was a highlight of our cruise!

For those of you who went tubing while on Phil's tour, approximately how long was the tubing portion? We are travelling with a group of 12, and some want to be sure they have plenty of time to go to Island Village/Margaritaville in the afternoon.

We have reserved the Dunns River Falls, Fern Gully, and tubing tour, but are considering modifying it. What are your opinions of Fern Gully-is it a "must-see", and what do you do there?

Would you describe the tubing as a sort of "lazy-river" speed, or is it more exciting in some parts? Although there are some of us who would like to casually float down the river, others want something more of a river rapid trip.

Tubing portion of the trip was probably about an hour and was great. I would, however describe it as a lazy river experience, not a white water experience. We loved it and wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Fern gully doesn't take long at all, Phil just drove through it and turned around and we came back. It's neat to see, but unless you are really interested in plants and trees and ferns could be eliminated...but you would only cut off perhaps 5-10 minutes as I recall. Let Phil know how long you want to have left to do the Island Village/Margaritaville thing and he'll work around your plan. His statement will likely be "No problem Mon....." a typical Jamacian response....but he'll do whatever you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Best tour I have ever had anywhere... we didn't dock at the main pier the end of the day he took us to the Margaritaville shopping area, waited for us then drove us back to our ship...thats a courteous, patient man..

I think of Phil as my adopted Jamaican brother,,,Just love him.

Debbie

Jamaican Jerk food is not spicy,its great...Dunns River we regret not taking them up on buying the video of us climbing the falls. Some day I will be back and do the falls again just for the video. (I am in no way athletic and the hike was fun)

Debbie

Archived