Heinbloed: Warnemunde to Schwerin Castle area?

Heinbloed,

I have been following your information regarding taking the train from Warnemunde to Schwerin and checked on line at bahn.de. to get a schedule that would work for us. We are 4 people and figured we would get the lander-ticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern for 25 euros. When I enter the exact times and # of people the system says we can use the Schones-Wochenende ticket for 35 Euro. Am I doing something wrong? Can these tickets be purchased on the day of travel at the ticket machine?

Thanks for your continued advice to so many people.

Heinbloed,

I have been following your information regarding taking the train from Warnemunde to Schwerin and checked on line at bahn.de. to get a schedule that would work for us. We are 4 people and figured we would get the lander-ticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern for 25 euros. When I enter the exact times and # of people the system says we can use the Schones-Wochenende ticket for 35 Euro. Am I doing something wrong? Can these tickets be purchased on the day of travel at the ticket machine?

Thanks for your continued advice to so many people.

You have not done something wrong...

The website of Deutsche Bahn AG (http://www.bahn.de) of course sells nationwide tickets.

Local and regional tickets are for account of the single States or regional transport authorities.

Happy-Weekend-Tickets are nationwide valid. So even if you would like to go to Munich for a beer or for the Black Forrest for a cockoos clock you can do it for 35.00 EUR. It's always cheaper than number of passengers x single ticket price...

But Schwerin and Rostock are both part of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Lübeck is in the neighbour-State Schleswig-Holstein and by appointment of the two States you can go with Länderticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern also to Lübeck and Hamburg.

So 25.00 EUR Länderticket Schleswig-Holstein is cheaper. Happy Weekende 35.00 EUR is only an option for those who are going to Berlin because otherwise you need two different Ländertickets for 51.00 EUR.

DO NOT BUY IT ONLINE. BUY IT AT THE TICKET MACHINE!!!

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived