flying into Tampa

Has anyone flown into Tampa instead of MCO, and if so, how did you like this airport? I'm thinking of trying it. Two out of the three times I've flown out of MCO, we had flight delays, were backed up 20 planes for takeoff, and missed our connection. I'm hoping for a smaller, less crowded airport.

Tampa has one of the greatest airports in the world. I highly reccomend it.

Last year when I flew to Florida for the LDI Convention in Orlando, I flew in and out of Tampa.

It's less than an hour drive.

David

Tampa airport is very, very busy but we have never had any problems flying out or into. The layout at Tampa is about the same as Orlando. Orlando is perhaps a tad newer than Tampa but Tampa has had some expansions recently. Both are very nice. Probably easier to get around in Tampa than Orlando although, there is a lot of construction. Any further questions, just ask.

Hi Mermaid!

The Tampa airport is a world class facility. Every year "Conde Nast Traveler" rates it number 1 for U.S. airports & number 3 in the world. It is very consumer friendly.

No such thing as a bad cruise, just some are better than others!

Majesty - Western '98

Vision - Alaska '99

Explorer - Eastern '00

Rhapsody - Western '01

Brilliance - Western '02

Majesty (again!) - Bahamas '03

Vision (again!) - Mexican riviera '03

I like TPA. They have the rental cars at the airport which makes things easier for picking up and dropping off.

Glen

CCL Fantasty - 85

CCL Destiny - 99

NCL Sky - 00

CCL Destiny - 01

NCL Star - 02

CCL Inspiration - 03

vegas trip- can I do this on a cruise board?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;3;10;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The big 50 years old cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;13;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCI Adventure - 05 'BIG 50'

My DW and I flew into TPA for our cruise on the Nordic Empress a couple of weeks ago. I was immediately impressed once we were in the terminal. It is a beautiful facility! There were no delays getting in, or getting out. In fact, Delta airlines brought in a bigger plane from MCO (a 757) to accomodate all of the overbooked passengers! I have always like Delta, now I like them even more. Because of this, we were able to re-ticket to an earlier flight 4 hours earlier!

Do not hesitate booking a flight into TPA, you will not be dissapointed!

Nordic Empress 3/2004

Disney Wonder 9/2005

Thanks so much for the quick replies. You guys have made me feel much better. I am traveling to Port Canaveral. I looked at the airport in Jacksonville, but I can save about $400 by flying into Tampa, which is worth the extra hour drive if it is a good airport. I've rented a car there through Budget. I'm glad to see it's right at the airport.

Also, I have no clue as to why my name says mermaid123 on my original post. I didn't notice that until I had posted. This board is weird sometimes.

Archived