Airport Tranfers - Tampa

Greetings fellow cruise critics! We'll be sailing on the Legend in Jan '09. We booked our cruise and air separately and need to arrange our transfers to and from the cruise terminal. Do any of you more experienced travelers have recommendations for the most cost effective and least hassle options? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Take a cab! We just did the Carnival shuttle from Tampa last week and we had to wait 1 hour in the heat for the shuttle to fill up before we could leave and it was $36pp. There are lots of cabs right outside the terminal for $25 total and we could have been to the ship 45 minutes earlier.

Another vote for a cab. There will be a taxi stand near baggage claim.

We used Blue One Transportation because there were 8 of us and we wanted to ride together. But for two people a cab will be your cheapest option.

Or if your looking to save a few bucks Tampa Super Shuttle is $11.50 per person each way. Good deal if only 2 of you. Just go to the bus area at the either end of the baggage claim and go to the super shuttle booth! eather way, your going on a cruise and whatever you do is a winner! Have a great time.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was hoping that someone had posted this question.

We are arriving in Tampa on a 10 AM flight. Our departure flight is 12:30 pm the day of the cruise.

I am looking for the best transport option for the 2 of us.

To me the 'best transport' means 1) timely 2) hassle-free 3) convienent 4) fair priced.

I see there are a couple of car services in Tampa. I haven't checked the prices of those. Any comments regarding them?

Looks likes, based on previous posts, cab fare is about $25.00 one way.

What is the Tampa Super Shuttle? Is it worth the small savings over a cab?

Are there other options that I am missing?

Thanks for your help.

Dont you think its worth a few dollars to leave on your schedule and no waiting. SuperShuttle is a good buy but not worth saving a few bucks when your in a hurry!

Mark

That is my feeling. I do not know anything about SuperShuttle other than what is posted here. I assume it is a form of public transport. I doubt it would be a choice for us. I dislike the shuttles you have to take to car rental facilities in some airports. Shelping luggage in the August heat is not appealing to me.

However, I like to explore, even if only briefly, all my options. My choice will be based on my previously stated criteria - pretty much in the order listed.

Archived