Denali/Into The Wild

tddragoon

Hi all, we are planning to go to Denali after our cruise. I was wondering if the bus that was used in the filming of Into The Wild (and the actual events if I've heard correctly) is easily accessible or semi-easily accessible. I live in the back country of Texas so I don't mind if a few trees get in my way, but if it's more than a couple of miles off road than I'd rather not. Thanks in advance!

Thanks! It looks like I'm going to pass on that then. As much as I want to see where he lived and what he had to deal with, I'd rather not die getting there. I guess I'll just "summit" McKinley instead. It's hard to get a perspective on the distances in some of the maps even being from Texas.

Who did you book through and how much roughly does it cost pp? That stinks that you can't cross the river, I wanted to recreate the picture of him sitting by the bus.

The bus they filmed is in Cantwell in someone's yard. You may be able to find that and recreate your picture. Ask at the Chevron station and you may be able to get directions, although it is on private property.

Janice

Who did you book through and how much roughly does it cost pp? That stinks that you can't cross the river, I wanted to recreate the picture of him sitting by the bus.

the one i booked through was direct. I think the company name was ATV Denali...Ill look at my receipt when i get home ...It was directly across from the Denali Princess Hotel. It was arount $125 -$150 pp, it was about 4-5hrs long and included a cookout...pretty cool...the only time they do that tour is at 5:30pm though..not sure why they have other tours throughout the day...

Archived