Any Family on Summit T/A April 18-30, 2009?

ORDPLATAA

Hello!

Just checking to see if there will be any family on the Summit's spring crossing next year. We were weighing doing the March Atlantis trip but we can do a Sky Suite for 12 days for only $35 more per person versus the Solstice charter. We are thinking we can turn it into a 2 1/2 week vacation and add some time in Barcelona on the end. I was able to score free award tickets and I have a tone of hotel points so thinking this is doable!

Anyone else going?

Bob

Hi

Paul, my partner and I are also on this crossing, #9082 so looking forward to seeing all of you in the Persian Garden and for cocktails as well

Peter

I posted just before you in the mainstream thread...my partner and I are booked, and friends may be joining us. We are doing it because the rate was so cheap...we're in an Oceanview. Hoping that the air deviation doesn't cost any more than the change charge. We don't have enough air miles left...having spent most of them for business class seats to Sydney in November :-)

Michael and Jose

Paul, my partner and I are on the Summit...# 9082 late seating. Looking forward to seeing you guys on board. By the way any interest in a "Family" table in the dining room to avoid the Potato Farmers from the mid-west? If so reply to Petert102@aol.com

Peter

Hello Guys:

Add one more to the roll call. Actually, I'll be cruising with 2 other friends. Just booked yesterday although I had the reservation on hold since last week pending the last word from my friends. Looking forward to exchanging posts here as well as meeting you guys on board. I'm sure that there will be more joining in as the date gets closer. The prices are great for this crossing. There will always be more on board than there will be here in the roll call.

Juan

Juan

My partner Paul and I are on the Summit as well # 9082. Any interest in a late seating table share, 12 days can be suicidal with non-family from the mid west ? If so contact me at Petert102@aol.com

Peter

Yes, the martinis add up, but fortunately at 4 oz a piece, I can only drink a few each evening. LOL

For folks who don't know, there's an additional source of OBC - the shareholder benefit. If you own stock in RCL, you can send some proof to shareholder relations and get a nice little OBC. The stock yesterday was trading under $22, and you need to own 100 shares.

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

So, if you do a couple cruises a year (particularly those of us on the T/A kick), you can get back a $400 tax-free dividend pretty quickly.

I intend to buy myself some stock for my birthday in a few week, so I'll have it before my September cruise.

David

My Partner Paul and I are on the Summit # 9082. I am trying to put together a late seating "Family" Table and interest ? E-mail me at PeterT102@aol.com, Remember Celebrity allow you to take 2 bottles of wine for sateroom use on board. See you at the Bar

Peter

You will rarely see me by the pool as I am not much of a sun person. I may just be walking by. But anywhere there's cocktails I will be there!

Juan

Of course this ship does have the public Thallassatherapy (sp?) pool, which is beneath a dome of indirect light. I like that because there is lots of shade and partial shade and, unlike some other Celebrity ships, this giant hot tub is open to all over 18 without any additional charges.

We just booked the April 18 sailing. I'm glad that there are so many "family" onboard. Looking forward to see you guys on the ship.

Henry

Henry

My partner Paul and I are on the Summit, we are looking forward to meeting you. Any interest in a "Family" Table late seating dining ? If so e-mail me at Petert102@aol.com. We are in 9082

See you at the Bar or the FOD no host cocktail party

I'm wxjcupo's partner. We were planning on doing the Normandie as well, probably midway through our days at sea. No word yet as to when those reservations can be made, though.

As for excursions: We will be doing the Guimar Pyramids on Tenerife, Taroudant (and if there is time, the Agadir Kasbah) in Agadir, and in Valencia and Malaga, we will just pick up taxis to take us to the center of the action (as it were), since many of the sites are well-within walking distance of each other. Those two stops will be on our own; we didn't like the ship's excursions much. While trekking 9 hours to the Alhambra and back seemed nice and long (and expensive), a little internet research revealed that there are some equally nice Moorish castles and palaces right in Malaga.

And we're staying a day or two extra in Barcelona to see the town and meet up with a friend from the UK and relatives who will be docking with another cruise line the day after we arrive. I've already got a small stack of guide books and my best tourist-nerd look geared up for Barcelona. :-D

Paul and I have booked Taroudant with Celebrity

Peter

I saw you over on the main Roll call thread and thought we might see you here :-D Welcome!

We've lost a few of the posters here, like Rienreiter and the Original Poster, but were going to have a great time!

I did the westbound crossing in the fall, and stopped at Malaga.

I was happy to have seen Alhambra, but folks who stayed close by loved the town, and thought it was well worth spending the day there.

I'm headed off this week for another trip (my first on Azamara, and my first time in China/Japan) so I won't nail down excursions for this til I get back... but I like your ideas.

cheers,

David.

Hi Guys,

I just booked the ship when they ran a Happy Hour special today for single inside at $494. I am trying to do a back to back and looking at RC Navigator for 4 days after we arrive in Barcelona which looks good or in the Caribbean before we leave. If anyone wants to do a room share, let me know.

As for hotels in Barcelona, I stayed at the Axel Hotel in the middle of the gay district which was great. Wonderful rooms and staff.

I usually do the early seating for dinner, then show late.

Gary

Paul and I plan to do our usual pre-cruise cocktails at the Atlantic Beach Hotel on Calle Vendig in Condado on Friday April 17. The place should be jumping as it is a friday, anyone up for a Pre-Cruise get together then, we should be there between 5pm and 6pm. We are staying at the Condado at the Holiday Inn Express. We will probably be wasted before the cocktail hour as we love to spend the whole afternoon in Old San Juan at our favorite sidewalk cafe with a Jarra of Sangria and some Tostones.....we are on vacation afterall. !!!!

Hugz to all

Peter

Hi Guys,

I just booked the ship when they ran a Happy Hour special today for single inside at $494. I am trying to do a back to back and looking at RC Navigator for 4 days after we arrive in Barcelona which looks good or in the Caribbean before we leave. If anyone wants to do a room share, let me know.

As for hotels in Barcelona, I stayed at the Axel Hotel in the middle of the gay district which was great. Wonderful rooms and staff.

I usually do the early seating for dinner, then show late.

Gary

Welcome Gary

I think that most of the FOD Folks have put a late sitting dinner table together, as the table capacity was maxed out by the time we joined this Blog, Paul and I have requested a table for two with Celebrity, that is naturally, unless there are more refugees who do not like the idea of sharing with some dull folks with zero in common from the hinterland then we can put together a large table, so far this has not been the case. Glad that you have decided to sail, it is looking to be a promising trip for us all.

Hugz

Peter

Hello everyone,

Add two more to the "family" roll call. My partner and I are booked on this cruise, and are very much looking forward to it. We are glad to see that we will have some "family" on board.

I read on another thread where someone had done a transatlantic where there was something like 100 gays and lesbians on board. Don't know if we'll have that many but the group is certainly growing. Hopefully, we'll have no problem getting FOD parties organized.

I read on another thread where someone had done a transatlantic where there was something like 100 gays and lesbians on board. Don't know if we'll have that many but the group is certainly growing. Hopefully, we'll have no problem getting FOD parties organized.

My count, on this site, for the FOD party is currently 17 "family" but there will probably be allot more who have yet to surface. Folks keep an eye for those Ship Photographers San Juan Boarding Pics of Happy Couples in the Photo Store; that plus the matching Speedos around the Pools is usually a dead give away, so keep your eyes peeled !!! I think we are in for a fun trip and a great cocktail time !!!

Peter

The cruise line known for recognizing, indulging and celebrating its guests is teaming up with the magazine known for celebrating the world of great food and sharing it with others. This year, Celebrity Cruises and Bon Appétit will present “Celebrity’s Mediterranean Experience with Bon Appétit,” an at-sea experience focusing on the joys of cooking and dining.

This tantalizing cruise experience will take place on the 2,038-guest Celebrity Summit, departing San Juan, Puerto Rico on April 18, 2009, sailing to Barcelona, Spain. The ship will call at several ports exemplifying Mediterranean flavors, including Tenerife, Canary Islands; Agadir, Morocco; Malaga, Spain; and Valencia, Spain.

The featured guest chef on the sailing will be Joey Campanaro, chef/owner of New York restaurants “The Little Owl” and “Market Table.” Known for his creative style, which combines the freshest seasonal ingredients with the bold, rich flavors of the Mediterranean, Campanaro will bring his lifelong affinity for Mediterranean cuisine to Celebrity’s guests.

During the sailing, Campanaro will lead several culinary demonstrations. He also will present an enrichment lecture, during which he will share various aspects of his culinary background. Campanaro also will add his flair to the ship’s main dining room’s menu, offering a specially-themed four-course set of selections showcasing the flavors of the Mediterranean. Selections from this custom menu will be available during some dinners in the main dining room, in addition to the regular menu items.

Activities onboard will reflect the focus on the region’s epicurean and cultural highlights. The ship’s casual restaurant will offer numerous Mediterranean-themed buffets throughout the voyage. Guests will have the opportunity to participate in Mediterranean-themed food/wine trivia competitions, a Mediterranean cooking class hosted by the cruise director and the ship’s executive chef, Spanish-language classes, regional dance classes, and a recipe contest.

Start working those recipes...

This will be my second cruise, but Rick is a experienced cruiser. We are from NYC and really looking forward to our first vacation together. Looks like we will be at the Atlantic Beach Hotel the night before we set sail. This FOD thing is new to me, but sounds like a great way to meet.

After the cruise we are staying in Barcelona thru the weekend. Anyone else spending extra time in Barcelona?

Craig T.

Celebrity has developed the habit of automatically scheduling FOD meetings - and on the M-class ships they're almost always in the martini bar at 7pm. If, by some chance, they're not scheduled day 1 or 2, the cruise director will do it instantly on request.

That's a good unofficial place to meet anyway - the martinis are good, and not available in the other bars on board; they only keep the fixins there for the whole range. And, in 12 days, I think I can get thru most of the list. (Except for the gin, which I'll leave to the real fans.)

And, in other news, documents arrived Monday by email. Less than six weeks to go!

Cheers!

David.

Celebrity has developed the habit of automatically scheduling FOD meetings - and on the M-class ships they're almost always in the martini bar at 7pm. If, by some chance, they're not scheduled day 1 or 2, the cruise director will do it instantly on request.

That's a good unofficial place to meet anyway - the martinis are good, and not available in the other bars on board; they only keep the fixins there for the whole range. And, in 12 days, I think I can get thru most of the list. (Except for the gin, which I'll leave to the real fans.)

And, in other news, documents arrived Monday by email. Less than six weeks to go!

Cheers!

David.

Good Idea David

Regardless of the "Official" FOD postings a 7pm meeting in the Martini Bar is an excellent idea, yes you are right the Martine Bar really is an excellent place for us to gather before dinner. See you on Board

Peter

Criag and Rick

You might like to go to the Main Celebrity Blog here for our sailing to register for the Cruise Critic Party. By the way give me a call at 917-903-8681 and mybe we can hook up for a drink before we all go down to San Juan. We are on the second sitting dining which is best for the FOD Cocktails

Peter

My partner and I are staying 3 days in Barcelona after the cruise. Our friends are staying 2 or 3 extra days, I'm not sure yet which.

I hope the Martini Bar can just make a plain vodka martini with a twist, as opposed to those wild concoctions poured into a martini glass...

Yes, the martini bar can make a simple and elegant martini, without all the flourishes.... although you might not be able to stop the bartender from spinning around as he makes it.

My goal is to work my way thru the "fancy" list. It takes dedication, but it seems worthwhile. :D

I got my documents yesterday, checked-in online this evening, and confirmed my seat assignments on USAir. I guess I'm really going!!

I registered for two excursions:

**Tenerife - Loro Park - it was the parrot shows and the aquarium that hooked me. :-)

**Agadir - Taroudant - Goats in the trees..... the only option that could hold up to the parrot shows, I suppose.

I'm in countdown mode - thinking "six weeks from now, I'll be...."

See you all soon.

david.

Archived