Okay to take excursion to Orient beach with kids 6,10,11 or do Oyster Bay?

mamasgirl

We will be on a cruise this August and one of the stops is St. Maarten. Looking at going to Orient Beach. I'm okay with the occasional topless lady because I have girls. Wondered if this would be a good excursion and if the water is good for boogie boarding? My kids loved boogie boarding on our last cruise.

I have the Oyster Bay Beach excursion booked right now, but don't know anything about this place and can't find many comments about it. Last time we went on the Divi Little Bay excursion. Thought we would try some place else this time, so I might change the excursion to Orient Beach if you guys would recommend it? What are your thoughts? Orient Beach a good place for boogie boarding and for KIDS?

Thanks!

We will be on a cruise this August and one of the stops is St. Maarten. Looking at going to Orient Beach. I'm okay with the occasional topless lady because I have girls. Wondered if this would be a good excursion and if the water is good for boogie boarding? My kids loved boogie boarding on our last cruise.

I have the Oyster Bay Beach excursion booked right now, but don't know anything about this place and can't find many comments about it. Last time we went on the Divi Little Bay excursion. Thought we would try some place else this time, so I might change the excursion to Orient Beach if you guys would recommend it? What are your thoughts? Orient Beach a good place for boogie boarding and for KIDS?

Thanks!

We have been to Orient a couple of time and it is BEAUTIFUL. The thing we noticed with the folks walking around nude is the adults are the ones looking, the kids don't seem to give them a second look.

Last time we were there we saw topless women and a nude man.

We will be on a cruise this August and one of the stops is St. Maarten. Looking at going to Orient Beach. I'm okay with the occasional topless lady because I have girls. Wondered if this would be a good excursion and if the water is good for boogie boarding? My kids loved boogie boarding on our last cruise

Thanks!

In regards to your boogie boarding question...there did not appear to be any "ride-able" waves at Orient Beach. The day I was there had relatively choppy water, but nothing was breaking on the beach.

There are several watersport rentals on the beach that kept us entertained all day. We camped out near Pirate Bar and had two guys approach us offering to rent jet-skis. Both of them kept lowering their price in order to get our business, and we only paid $35 for a half hour.

The prices for everything at Orient were so cheap because all of the vendors compete so fiercely with one another.

We took the kids to Magens Bay in St. Thomas and the waves were fine for them to body surf and boogie board. It was the same at Divi Little Bay in St. Maarten. The waves were not huge, just enough for them to ride on.

Wondered if it was about the same at Orient Beach? We have taken them snorkeling, but they prefer to ride the waves.

We went to Orient Beach...Bikini Beach, which is a section of Orient not close to the nude area. It was beautiful with an occassional topless person walking by. Great food service. Ask the taxi to drop you off there. Didn't love Little Bay Beach CLub because it was on the bay and had a pebbly beach. Loved Orient.

We are just back from Adventure of the Seas. My husband and I took our three kids, ages 5,9,and 10 to Oreint beach. The taxi driver drop us off at the end of the beach were there was less nudity. We did see 3 or 4 topless women walking by, but my children did not even look up! They were enjoying the beautiful water and playing in the sand. The waves were breaking on shore and they could body surf in without the fear of getting cut by shells. I did explain to them before hand that this was a topless beach and it was allowed there. I told them that it is okay for women to be topless on beaches in may parts of the world and this was one of them. They had no problem at all! Go and enjoy the beautiful water!:o

Archived