Carnival or Royal Carribbean to Ensenada?

cruiser671

Was wondering if there was a difference between these 2 ships sailing to Ensenada, Mexico. I'm planning on a 3 day cruise but was wondering what the difference between the 2. If anyone has any comments on them, I'd like to know how it was. Thanks in advance.

If you click on this thread/link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=626010

You can read an extensive day by day review of my last one with pictures.

(I did the 4 day, so just take out the Catalina day in the review).

I personally love the crew and the ship of Carnival Paradise, so for a quick 3 or 4 day trip that is my "go to"...

And the food is great.

;)

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you about it, after reading that...

:)

PS I'm just waiting for the next time I have a spare few days this year, and I'll be jumping right back on Paradise again.

I've done both ships and preferred Carnival over RCCL. I thought the food, entertainment and service was comparable. The differences were in the ship itself. Our room on the Paradise was much, much bigger and nicer then the Monarch. The Monarch was noticibly older and "worn". Also the layout on the Monarch was very inconvenient if you were traveling with someone in a wheelchair. The layout where the shops were located were kind of a split level, so that when we came out of our cabin and to the elevators, you had to go down about 7 stairs to go to Ben & Jerrys and the shops. Otherwise, you had to go a long way around to avoid the stairs to get to that level.

If you click on this thread/link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=626010

You can read an extensive day by day review of my last one with pictures.

(I did the 4 day, so just take out the Catalina day in the review).

I personally love the crew and the ship of Carnival Paradise, so for a quick 3 or 4 day trip that is my "go to"...

And the food is great.

;)

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you about it, after reading that...

:)

PS I'm just waiting for the next time I have a spare few days this year, and I'll be jumping right back on Paradise again.

Thanks for the great review. It really helped me to chose the Carnival over the other. I appreciate it.

I've done both ships and preferred Carnival over RCCL. I thought the food, entertainment and service was comparable. The differences were in the ship itself. Our room on the Paradise was much, much bigger and nicer then the Monarch. The Monarch was noticibly older and "worn". Also the layout on the Monarch was very inconvenient if you were traveling with someone in a wheelchair. The layout where the shops were located were kind of a split level, so that when we came out of our cabin and to the elevators, you had to go down about 7 stairs to go to Ben & Jerrys and the shops. Otherwise, you had to go a long way around to avoid the stairs to get to that level.

Thanks to you as well!! Off to Carnival!

Well, thankfully the Monarch is leaving the west coast for good. RCI has finally given us a Radiance class ship here and starting next year, the Radiance will operate 4 and 5 day cruises out of SanDiego. The 4 day cruises will call only at Ensenada and the 5day cruises will go to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada. You are right; the Monarch is aging, her cabins are small by comparison with newer ships, and for handicapped such as we are, Monarch and her sister ships are nightmares!!:)

to each his own...we cant compare since we havent been on Paradise...but we have been on MOS twice and had a great time on each trip...true the rooms are small but I think the ship has aged very well...have a great time either way though

Well, thankfully the Monarch is leaving the west coast for good. RCI has finally given us a Radiance class ship here and starting next year, the Radiance will operate 4 and 5 day cruises out of SanDiego. The 4 day cruises will call only at Ensenada and the 5day cruises will go to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada. You are right; the Monarch is aging, her cabins are small by comparison with newer ships, and for handicapped such as we are, Monarch and her sister ships are nightmares!!:)

The four night cruises only stop in Cabo and the five night cruises stop in both Cabo and Ensenada.

Archived